Menu
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 1 of 13 (262 Views)

THE MYSTERIOUS SECURITY CONSEQUENSES OF THE VOUCHER PR0MISE SAGA

[ Edited ]

As per discussion with various dead ends and non email addresse you sent an email to me after my complaint regarding introductory voucher not received 
However this email from your *********@virgin 11/2/17 was presumably to check my emails confirming in fact the voucher had not been sent out. Alarmingly your email allows me to access a link to my personal yahoo  emails from years ago, some are bank statements private info etc How on earth did you get this information?
There appears to be a breach and this is alarming. If I don't get a satisfactory explanation I must take it further to protect all  customers.Neither issue has been resolved

[MOD EDIT: For security personal and private information has been removed from this post. Please review the Forum Guidelines]

0 Kudos

Accepted Solutions
Superuser
Message 5 of 13 (479 Views)
Helpful Answer
confirmed by foxtrotter22
‎02-03-2017 16:08

Re: THE MYSTERIOUS SECURITY CONSEQUENSES OF THE VOUCHER PR0MISE SAGA

vm wouldn't be able to send a link that would log in into your yahoo account. They might send a link that links to the page and if you are signed in already it would show.

But no way what you are describing can happen. Its not possible. And yahoo mail would not allow it

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

0 Kudos

All Replies
Superuser
Message 2 of 13 (256 Views)

how would virgin have access to your old yahoo account. And as yahoo has been hacked twice in the last year i'd say you are looking at the wrong company.

0 Kudos
Tuning in
Message 3 of 13 (247 Views)

That's what I'd like to know.  But I have an email from the Virgin guy I was speaking to for all to see. I've already been called a liar but surely they can check theIr sent emails?  I'm getting on and no expert but just need an explanation. ITS SCARY.

0 Kudos
Tuning in
Message 4 of 13 (245 Views)

Its the account I still use.

0 Kudos
Superuser
Message 5 of 13 (480 Views)
Helpful Answer
confirmed by foxtrotter22
‎02-03-2017 16:08

vm wouldn't be able to send a link that would log in into your yahoo account. They might send a link that links to the page and if you are signed in already it would show.

But no way what you are describing can happen. Its not possible. And yahoo mail would not allow it
0 Kudos
Tuning in
Message 6 of 13 (233 Views)

I will report it to yahoo then.  I cant remenber if I was signed in to yahoo. Some of the stuff I deleted some time ago and changed computers phones etc. over the years. But VG have offered no explanation only to confirm that the guy works for them. I was hoping this might alert them. They should be concerned either way. Thank you

0 Kudos
Knows their stuff
Message 7 of 13 (167 Views)

foxtrotter22 wrote:

I will report it to yahoo then.  I cant remenber if I was signed in to yahoo. Some of the stuff I deleted some time ago and changed computers phones etc. over the years. But VG have offered no explanation only to confirm that the guy works for them. I was hoping this might alert them. They should be concerned either way. Thank you

Concerned over what, something that isn't actually possible due to how these systems work Smiley Tongue

0 Kudos
Tuning in
Message 8 of 13 (162 Views)

I will assume your are an expert although you do not quantify or qualify in any way your simplistic statement, I just hoped I'd get a sensible explanation which does not seem possible.  I can only state yet again that I received an email which had a link with access to my yahoo emails, from a VG customer service agent. who I had spoken to and  whom VG confirmed worked there, Im sorry but are you suggesting I made this up? I am alarmed and concerned how this was possible.  Yet I have the email and there is no milage whatsoever in fabricating this. I can only get body swerves from VG yet they must have copies of their outgoing emails.  I cannot see yet how yahoo can be responsible.

0 Kudos
Wise owl
Message 9 of 13 (148 Views)

foxtrotter22 wrote:

I will assume your are an expert although you do not quantify or qualify in any way your simplistic statement, I just hoped I'd get a sensible explanation which does not seem possible.  I can only state yet again that I received an email which had a link with access to my yahoo emails, from a VG customer service agent. who I had spoken to and  whom VG confirmed worked there, Im sorry but are you suggesting I made this up? I am alarmed and concerned how this was possible.  Yet I have the email and there is no milage whatsoever in fabricating this. I can only get body swerves from VG yet they must have copies of their outgoing emails.  I cannot see yet how yahoo can be responsible.

http://thehackernews.com/2017/02/yahoo-hack.html posted on the 15th February 2017.

This follows on from other Yahoo hacks/attempted hacks in 2012, 2013 and 2014.  https://www.technologyreview.com/s/603157/a-history-of-yahoo-hacks/

Can you see now how Yahoo may be responsible?

It's What I Do.
I Drink and
I Remember Things.
0 Kudos
Community elder
Message 10 of 13 (138 Views)

trusting yahoo is almost as silly as expecting VM to provide a reliable email service Smiley Happy

I  have several times found my PC still logged into my son's yahoo account after he's quickly borrowed it, and after he has closed browser sessions. Pretty sure those logins also survive reboots.. and show up when just browsing...

I finally convinced him to move to gmail, after sending him all the yahoo hacked reports

0 Kudos