Menu
Kierancassidy2
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Suspicious email

Hi

I don't have an account with virgin yet I have received an email saying I have a credit agreement for £432

Here's the start of the email

Hello,

Thanks for agreeing to sign your device/s credit agreement securely online. We need you to complete this step before we can send your shiny new device/s and set up your contract.

Before you do anything else, read the legal stuff about your contract.

It could be a scam but I'm concerned that someone has used my details to get credit from virgin in some way.

Anyone else can eat across this email?

Thanks kieran
0 Kudos
Dave_cq
Trouble shooter
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Suspicious email

Hi Kieran,

I would suggest giving the UK based Retentions Team a call and ask them to look into it.  Tel. 0345 454 1111 and follow the prompts  1  >  4  >  5  to 'Thinking of leaving us'.  They can deal with much more than just retentions and are far better than the offshore call centres.

********* SuperHub 2ac - Asus rt-ac68u Router - Vivid 100Mbps **********

Electron
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Suspicious email

Hi Kierancassidy2,

Thanks for your post and welcome to the forums. It's great having you on board with us. 

From what you've said, if this email is from Virgin Media it will be related to the Mobile side of the business since emails confirming a Residential contract / agreement are different. 

Give the team a call on 0345 600 0789. They can take your details and check to ensure there are no accounts set up in your name. 

It's possible that a different person has set up an account with their details but mis-typed the email address. Try not to panic to much at this point. 

Let us know how the call goes. 

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos