Menu
Highlighted
bravenewmalden
Tuning in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Surveys

Hello. I keep getting these unsolicited requests to take part in 'Virgin' surveys. I suspect they're nothing to do with Virgin at all. Is anyone else receiving them?Screen Shot 2017-05-03 at 12.47.47.png

0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
shanematthews
Super solver
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Surveys

bravenewmalden wrote:

Hello. I keep getting these unsolicited requests to take part in 'Virgin' surveys. I suspect they're nothing to do with Virgin at all. Is anyone else receiving them?Screen Shot 2017-05-03 at 12.47.47.png

Nope, but i don't visit things like facebook or have any adverts enabled for malware to get in via, i would run a malware scan and be sure to install AV and adblocking software

All Replies
shanematthews
Super solver
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

bravenewmalden wrote:

Nope, but i don't visit things like facebook or have any adverts enabled for malware to get in via, i would run a malware scan and be sure to install AV and adblocking software

bravenewmalden
Tuning in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Thanks. Not visiting social media sites would pretty much end my career and social life, so that's not an option. But you're right, clearly something nasty has slunk into my Mac despite the best efforts of Bitdefender. What aroused my suspicions was this beautifully worded question:

Screen Shot 2017-05-01 at 11.42.58.png

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

they just look at the IP address you are connecting from. It see a Virgin IP and uses VM in the question.

If you took your laptop onto a BT connection the next popup would ask you "Have you had BT services for more then 6 months?"
KeithW
Fibre optic
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

What is concerning here is that a week ago you post your worries and concerns about getting unsolicited requests to take part in a survey, yet here you are  a week later posting another image which shows you obviously clicked on a link to open and run the survey.

They say that the majority of virus/malware infections on a computer are caused by a human interface error and this is a case in point

******************************************************************************************************************************
All the voices in my head are my own voices - Find your own!

If I have helped you then please click on the "thumbs up" icon.

If you feel I have helped to solve your problem then please mark my message as a "Helpful Answer"

0 Kudos
bravenewmalden
Tuning in
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Ah, I can see it looks like that. But in fact this image popped up a week or so earlier 'then' my original question. I grabbed a screenshot then tweeted it. For the laughs, really. Then I forgot all about it until the second message appeared, at which point I wondered whether other people had been getting them. I didn't click on either of the pop-ups.

0 Kudos