Menu
Krizztoff
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Serious Security Issue with SUperHUb 3.0

I have had the unfortunate luck of being given a SuperHub 3.0 hub during a Tech visit to fix another issue, which hasnt been fixed. But I digress.

After waiting 3 days for this thing to get connected my wife informed me she had been using the WIFI for a couple of days. Which was odd, because the router had reset itself at least 3 times from my new password to the default. And I had not given her the default or the new password. SO I tried connecting an old laptop that didnt have any wifi passwords. Yep it connected.

Its not permanent, but its does seem to allow it to connect occasionally when it resets. Which is a major issue as I live very close to a railway station.

0 Kudos
shanematthews
Super solver
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Serious Security Issue with SUperHUb 3.0

Krizztoff wrote:

I have had the unfortunate luck of being given a SuperHub 3.0 hub during a Tech visit to fix another issue, which hasnt been fixed. But I digress.

After waiting 3 days for this thing to get connected my wife informed me she had been using the WIFI for a couple of days. Which was odd, because the router had reset itself at least 3 times from my new password to the default. And I had not given her the default or the new password. SO I tried connecting an old laptop that didnt have any wifi passwords. Yep it connected.

Its not permanent, but its does seem to allow it to connect occasionally when it resets. Which is a major issue as I live very close to a railway station.

iirc the superhub2 had a similar issue, its just VM's terrible firmware, had they opted to leave it on stock instead of fudging it then we probably wouldn't have issues like this :/

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi Krizztoff,

Thanks for getting in touch, the Hub3.0 wireless uses current encryption standards so this is strange behaviour, could you please factory reset the Hub (depress the reset for around 30 seconds) and let us know if this helps, if not we'll arrange for a replacement to be sent out and your hub to be tested.

Many Thanks

Ralph_R
Forum Moderator

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

0 Kudos
Krizztoff
On our wavelength
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Ive done all that, a couple of times on the phone to your help agents, who, quite frankly claim I was not putting in a password and that my wife and friend somehow had access to the password before I had even seen them.

You have a major problem with this, other than I might of possibly found a major security issue. Thats aside, the blasted thing should not be turning itself of and on when it want or denying access with the correct password which needs a hard reset. If your going to send me a router, send me an ols one that I know actually works, there is no flipping point swapping one POS for another POS.

Have been a loyal customer since before blueyonder, right now I am seriously considering my loyalty.

0 Kudos