raynew
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Scam?

I received the email below from this email address:  Virgin Media:

Is this some sort of a scam?

'Dear Customer,
We detect unusual activities related to your account, We noticed a several attempts to sign in your account from unrecognized location.
Please click to verify your account to continue using our service.
Thanks for taking this additional step to keep your account safe
Virgin Media Customer Services Team.'

[MOD EDIT: Personal and private information has been removed from this post. Please do not post personal or private information in your public posts. Please review the Forum Guidelines]

0 Kudos
zvonok
Superfast
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Scam?

Using the link in your message - it is rejected by Kaspersky Security as a 'Phishing Link'? - so probably is a scam....    ,,,,ZVNK ....

2016-12-01_145720.png

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

@raynew That's a phishing email, it doesn't seem to be reported on the Netreport page. So drop on by the netreport page, link: http://netreport.virginmedia.com/netreport/?branding=virginmedia and use the 'Security inquiry / Phishing report' category to report it.

Based on the email address it reportedly came from, either the phisher has access to hacked customers account or is just spoofing it.

@zvonok Apologies about the URL being left in the post, it should be removed soon.

- - - - - -
Any opinions expressed by myself are entirely my own and do not represent Virgin Media in any way.
0 Kudos
raynew
Joining in
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

If this person is claiming to be 'Virgin Media Customer Services Team' then it's not personal or private.
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Yeap, it's just a generic phish.

VM have now flagged it on their net report page and created a topic about it here, link: http://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Security-matters/Latest-Phishing-News-01-12-2016/m-p/3271009

- - - - - -
Any opinions expressed by myself are entirely my own and do not represent Virgin Media in any way.
0 Kudos