Menu
Joining in
Message 1 of 5 (136 Views)

Scam email - I hope

I have today (20/3) received an email claiming to be from webteam@virginmedia.com saying my account will be cut off on 24/3 as they could not process the direct debit for my latest bill. I have checked my bank account and my account with virginmedia on line and all is fine with payments leaving my bank account and being received by virginmedia. I assume this email is a scam to get me to redirect payments elsewhere. Any thoughts on this? Who do I contact at virginmedia? This is my main complaint about virginmedia - you can't seem to talk to a real person or contact anyone online.

0 Kudos
Superuser
Message 2 of 5 (131 Views)

Re: Scam email - I hope

That's a standard phishing email. You can try forwarding it to phishing@virginmedia.com to let VM know about it. Though chances are you won't be able to send it from your VM address. So if refuses to send, use the netreport page to report it, link: https://netreport.virginmedia.com/netreport/?branding=virginmedia - go with the security enquiry / phishing report category.

- - - - - -
Any opinions expressed by myself are my own and do not represent Virgin Media in any way.
Knows their stuff
Message 3 of 5 (124 Views)

Just a word of warning, forwarded phishing email maybe silently dropped if sending via your Virgin Media account using an email client. Webmail will warn you if the forwarded phishing email cannot be sent but is currently too unstable to use.

0 Kudos
Joining in
Message 4 of 5 (102 Views)

Sorry but the netreport link doesnt work from my pc. Will talk to VM direct.

0 Kudos
Knows their stuff
Message 5 of 5 (89 Views)

Looks like the phishing email may have already been reported here.

0 Kudos