Menu
gavintarrant
Joining in
Message 1 of 8
Flag for a moderator

SSDP vulnerabilities

I've had a letter telling me to access my Hubs configuration page to deal with the above but I haven't a clue what this means or where to find it. Any advice please? Thanks Smiley Happy

0 Kudos
MrHalfAsleep
Rising star
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Re: SSDP vulnerabilities

0 Kudos
gavintarrant
Joining in
Message 3 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for replying, but the links just explain the issue, not how I find a Hub configuration page and therefore solve the problem. Where is this "hub configuration page" please?

0 Kudos
legacy1
Hero
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator

find and disable UPnP

0 Kudos
gavintarrant
Joining in
Message 5 of 8
Flag for a moderator

I'm sure this makes sense to a techie but I don't understand I'm afraid. I follow the links then what?

Instructions on the Virgin Media site seem clear once you've accessed the Hub Configuration Page - but what is this, how do I get this page?

0 Kudos
stevedh2
Knows their stuff
Message 6 of 8
Flag for a moderator

go to 192.168.0.1

if you've never logged onto the hub before, then the password will be stuck on the bottom of the hub, (not the wifi password).

the rest will hopefully be covered in the instructions as I dont have them.

0 Kudos
gavintarrant
Joining in
Message 7 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Every time I do this I just get :-
"An Unexpected Error has occurred.
Your request failed. Please contact your system administrator and provide the date and time you received the error and this Exception ID: 5C4FB0A1.

Click your browser's Back button to continue."

I'm guessing the whole thing is just a ploy to get people to sign up for F-Secure Safe and get money out of them, otherwise they'd send out proper instructions and make sure it all worked rather than making things really difficult - which is what seems to be happening. I'm done trying

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 8 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Try this link instead,  192.168.0.1, or just type the address 192.168.0.1 in your web browser's address / location bar. FYI, partial URL without protocol handle are processed as offset from this forum.

How Virgin Media notify customers of vulnerabilities reported to them by third-parties will continues to be contentious however do not let this distract you from tackling the reported issue.

0 Kudos