Menu
Louise291516
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Roadworks

Hi, I am foaming with the workmen in our street doing the roadworks for virgin, were only a single parking road and they have barriers everywhere blocking the whole path and half the road, were having to park a 10 minute walk away with my disabled daughter which is ridiculous, they had the barriers up all weekend when the holes weren’t even dug till yesterday, my car is a absolute mess off the much and dust when they first started
0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
Highlighted
Superuser
Superuser
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Roadworks

Given the difficulty caused to you and your daughter consider raising the matter with your local council to see if they can be of help

0 Kudos

All Replies
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Hi Louise291516,

Thanks for your post and welcome to the forums. It's great having you on board with us in the Community although I'm sorry if recent works in the area have been disruptive. 

I completely understand how untidy and messy things can get and look whilst we're in the process of laying our cables however the work has been approved by your local council. 

Whilst work is ongoing there will be some noise and some disruption to parking etc during the day but this is unavoidable. 

At the end of each day there is an audit performed to ensure things are left safe and in accordance with permits until the following day. 

Once work has been completed, everything will go back to normal. 

If there are any urgent issues, these can be addressed by the workmen on site. Anything else can be reported to the Street Works Team by calling: 0333 000 5925

Apologies once again. 

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

Merry Christmas & a Happy New Year

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Superuser
Superuser
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Given the difficulty caused to you and your daughter consider raising the matter with your local council to see if they can be of help

0 Kudos