Menu
davidearl
Joining in
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Requests for "The Virgin Media team would like to know what you think"

I keep getting survey requests by email purporting to be (and probably are) from Virgin media to complete surveys. However the link in the email is to a third party domain which I have no knowledge of or reason to trust. It could just as easily be a phishing email - anyone could send an essentially identical email to this with a slightly different domain name for the survey site, and then deliver ransomware or malware.

If Virgin media want me to complete a questionnaire, the link has to be to their website. (It can then forward to the survey provider, so it's trivial to do it this way, VM doesn't have to host it).

But there's no point in trying to educate people not to click links they don't recognise in emails and then send out exactly those kind of emails. It's really irresponsible. VM aren't by any means the only offender.

In the meantime, Virgin Media, if it is you, I won't be clicking on that link, so no you won't get to know what I think about anything.

0 Kudos
shanematthews
Super solver
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Re: Requests for "The Virgin Media team would like to know what you think"

davidearl wrote:

I keep getting survey requests by email purporting to be (and probably are) from Virgin media to complete surveys. However the link in the email is to a third party domain which I have no knowledge of or reason to trust. It could just as easily be a phishing email - anyone could send an essentially identical email to this with a slightly different domain name for the survey site, and then deliver ransomware or malware.

If Virgin media want me to complete a questionnaire, the link has to be to their website. (It can then forward to the survey provider, so it's trivial to do it this way, VM doesn't have to host it).

But there's no point in trying to educate people not to click links they don't recognise in emails and then send out exactly those kind of emails. It's really irresponsible. VM aren't by any means the only offender.

In the meantime, Virgin Media, if it is you, I won't be clicking on that link, so no you won't get to know what I think about anything.

Depends how the links are generated, they all contain a unique reference so while its possible to handle a redirect like that its probably not on their list of things to deal with

My only complaint is i get surveys every month about "recently contacting them" when all i've done is pay my bill online via the MvM page, there was no contact, you don't need to spam me asking for input

0 Kudos