Menu
Mandyf
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Phishing call

Got a call today (unknown number) from a foreign sounding lady saying they she was from VM. Asked for me by name and then asked for my postcode. Said they were calling as part of the service for loyal customers. Then asked how many people use TV and when I said one she said 'so you are well and truly single then?' I told her I was not confortable continuing with the call as it seemed suspicious and she apologised for the inconvenience. Was this call from VM? Additionally suspicious as the call was on my mobile not the VM landline I have, and as far as I know I've never given VM my mobile number.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Phishing call

Hey Mandyf,

Looks like a genuine sales call on this occasion and there is a brief note on your account from the Saturday suggesting the same.... we have a mobile number for you listed too which would explain why the call wasn't made on your landline.

I think you're wise to be suspicious though, best practice with any suspect call would be to hang up and call in on our official number (150 or 0345 454 1111).

Hope this helps.

Ralph_R
Forum Moderator

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

Mandyf
Joining in
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Phishing call

Thank you for the response, comforting to know it was genuine in this occasion.
0 Kudos