Menu
Lockwheeler
Tuning in
Message 1 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Password reset

I am unable to reset the password on my virgin media account. I get the reset email, but when I follow the link and input the new password the system fails. I get a message saying Oops the page is not available.This happened on Thursday and is still not working today (Sunday).  Tried the fault line but have been passed around 4 or 5 times and not resolved. The message seems to be that the process is not working - is this really true?

0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 10
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Password reset

hiya @Lockwheeler could be issue with previous cookies, if copy the link and your using e.g. google chrome open a igcognito using ctrl+shift+N e.g. -> https://support.google.com/chromebook/answer/95464?co=GENIE.Platform%3DDesktop&hl=en private browsing and see if you can then reset the password if this doesn't work could do a quick call to broadband support via 151 / 0345 454 1111 they can reset your password after passing a few security checks.
----------------------------------------------------------
If someone's helped you out say thanks by clicking on the thumbs up. If someone's solved your problem, why not mark their message as an Accepted Solution

All Replies
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 10
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

hiya @Lockwheeler could be issue with previous cookies, if copy the link and your using e.g. google chrome open a igcognito using ctrl+shift+N e.g. -> https://support.google.com/chromebook/answer/95464?co=GENIE.Platform%3DDesktop&hl=en private browsing and see if you can then reset the password if this doesn't work could do a quick call to broadband support via 151 / 0345 454 1111 they can reset your password after passing a few security checks.
If someone's helped you out say thanks by clicking on the thumbs up. If someone's solved your problem, why not mark their message as an Accepted Solution
Lockwheeler
Tuning in
Message 3 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Many thanks I Will try 151 again.

Tried 150 on Thursday, they sent out a password regeneration email, but it never arrived. Phoned back and they tried again to no avail, they then transferred me from the UK to their technical call centre. The technical call centre even linked to the PC and still no resolution. Tried 151 on Friday, advised that the system was not sending out the password reset emails, they declined to do the reset for us. On Saturday we actually received a password reset email, but this did not work and is still not working, it asks for a new password, but when I press submit it goes to a page which says "Oops somethings not working" and adds that "This part of the site isn't working at the moment". My confidence in Virgin is disappearing fast.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hello Lockwheeler

Welcome to our lovely forum, I am sorry you were having problems resetting your password, we did have a few issues on our systems but it is now fingers crossed all resolved. Have you managed to do it? Please bring us up to date.

Thank you

Nicola

Virgin Media Forum Team
NewCustomer123
Joining in
Message 5 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi

I am a new customer and went through the Registation process, tried to login after and it wouldnt accept my password - tried to reset it but just get the oops somethings broken page - this has been going on a few days and virgin support cant help - they have basically just said to try again in an hour - four days on and still not working??

please help?

0 Kudos
NewCustomer123
Joining in
Message 6 of 10
Flag for a moderator

bump

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 7 of 10
Flag for a moderator

hiya @NewCustomer123 i would strongly advise not bumping, the forum team answer oldest first.. currently there is about a 5+ day wait for a reply from a forum admin, i would be possible having a chat with broadband support via 150 / 0345 454 1111
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi there NewCustomer123,

Sorry to hear that you've had some trouble with this.

I've located your account and can see that you've spoken with the team since posting.

Please feel free to let me know if I can help with anything more.

Take care,

Nat_J

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

0 Kudos
Lockwheeler
Tuning in
Message 9 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Sorry taken so long to reply.

Phoned 151 and they helped resolve the issue. Although they had to reset the password themselves, as the email reset links were still not working properly 5 days after our instalation. Everything now working fine here. Thanks for your help; it's reassuring that you can reach and get help this way.

Not impressed that a password reset process failed to work and took so long to fix.

0 Kudos
Lockwheeler
Tuning in
Message 10 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Just to be clear I posted this for a friend who had just joined. We may not have made that very clear in earlier posts. He says he is happy now.

0 Kudos