Menu
Joining in
Message 1 of 3 (121 Views)

Password Lenght

Regarding the recent website message about changing your password, when I use a password generator set to 10 characters its very difficult to get anything that's really secure, I used a password checker and at best its stated as average security, really the character count needs increasing to 12 or include "Special Characters" then you can get a secure password

0 Kudos
Knows their stuff
Message 2 of 3 (91 Views)

Re: Password Lenght

Keithw49 wrote:

Regarding the recent website message about changing your password, when I use a password generator set to 10 characters its very difficult to get anything that's really secure, I used a password checker and at best its stated as average security, really the character count needs increasing to 12 or include "Special Characters" then you can get a secure password

Well thats not going to change, 10 is the limit due to needing to support legacy backend systems that also cannot support a longer password, not much you can do about that, most people aren't going to want your account password anyway its not worth anything to them

Knows their stuff
Message 3 of 3 (76 Views)

Re: Password Lenght

It is not most people, people worry about, but the others who can exploit the value in the (username and/or) password, for example, using the virgin media email account as a reset email address for other services like financial, social, …

0 Kudos