Menu
Graeme5
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Nuisance calls - Scammers?

I am having nuisance calls from 0800 183 6403 stating that they are from Virgin Media offering discounts but need personal account information before discussing these discounts.

Can't be from Virgin Media and this breaks the Data Protection Act?!

Anyone from Virgin Media to comment on this?

0 Kudos
bdw
Up to speed
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Nuisance calls - Scammers?

They have been calling me too.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi both,

Thanks for your posts Smiley Happy

Depending on your contact preferences, we will from time to time call our customers if we think there is deal that they will benefit from. 

Although I understand where you are coming from regarding the personal information, we also need to ensure we are complying with data protection and protecting your details too. 

We used to ask you for your full password when calling however after listening to feedback from our customers we have changed to only asking a few different characters of the password. Once these characters are confirmed, we don't usually ask for any other information unless the characters you've quoted are incorrect.

If you are unsure and can't be 100% of the caller then the option is always there to have the notes saved on your account and for you to call us back on 150 / 0345 454 1111. 

I hope I've been able to alleviate some of your concerns Smiley Happy

We're here if you have any further questions.

Thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
LittleMick73
Well-informed
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Just have absolutely nothing to do with with these types of callers, if you want something the sensible route is always find yourself. Regards Micky
0 Kudos