Menu
palacepaul
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Neighbour stealing service!!

Noticed today wires going from my external brown box into next door neighbours box. My wife informs me she saw a Sky engineer in next doors garden working. Spoke to virgin tech support who are sending an engineer out in a week!! They said next door has no account and no install was done last week. Don't know if my security has now been compromised or if they can now make calls using my account as one of wires is telephone connection. Not happy at all about this, do I cut the cable/call the police or what. Need somebody to call me asap on this issue!

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Neighbour stealing service!!

you should all into Vm for a faster reply. if you have an engineer out they should sort it.

Maybe they have just had VM installed and for some reason, vm couldn't run their own cable. this can sometimes happen.

VM wouldn't tell you if they had an account as this would breach data protection.
0 Kudos
palacepaul
Joining in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Can't seem to get to the right person to deal with it. Online chat never seems to work either so thought I would try here. That's what the tech floor manager told me, that they had no account.
0 Kudos
Doudar
Fibre optic
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Have you spoken to your neighbour about this?

JohnD
Strangely strange but oddly normal.
0 Kudos
shanematthews
Super solver
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

palacepaul wrote:
Can't seem to get to the right person to deal with it. Online chat never seems to work either so thought I would try here. That's what the tech floor manager told me, that they had no account.

Well again, he wouldn't actually have access to their account as DPA checks would need to be passed so i am going to assume he was just fobbing you off in hopes you would stop talking to him

As mentioned above have you asked the neighbour if they signed up for VM, splitting the cable off isn't really a problem as TV boxes and modems are provided service based on their MAC addresses, its also possible the sky engineer just used the underground piping that VM used to avoid a blockage in theirs, an actual sky engineer isn't going to "steal" service, photo's also help Smiley Tongue

0 Kudos