Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 9 (413 Views)

My files are crypted with Cerber Computer Virus

Hello. Can you please give me an advise what I have to do to decrypt my files. All files are crypted with Cerber Virus. I can not open them. How can I clean my pc and what tools can I use? Are there some free tools for decryption? Thank you.

Tuning in
Message 2 of 9 (514 Views)

Re: My files are crypted with Cerber Computer Virus

Hi. If your files are crypted with Cerber Ransomware you need a Master Key (special password). If your files are crypted with the latest version of this virus, may be you have a luck. According to a german antivirus-site Virus-Entferner the latest version does not block the shadow copies: https://www.virus-entferner.de/2017/02/10/red-cerber-2017-trojan-virus-entfernen/ . It means, you can try the Shadow Explorer tool. May be you can not restore all crypted files but some of them. I wish you good luck!

Knows their stuff
Message 3 of 9 (397 Views)

0 Kudos
Knows their stuff
Message 4 of 9 (386 Views)

stevedh2 wrote:

Have a look at this https://www.quora.com/How-do-I-remove-cerber-ransomware-virus-and-restore-the-files

Ouch painful, well lets hope he has backups of all his important files because from reading that its likely to be a more recent version of the virus which doesn't have a tool for decrypting files, always pays to have decent anti-virus and backups

0 Kudos
Settling in
Message 5 of 9 (247 Views)

which kind of Cerber virus you get as it has many versions like cerber 3, cerber 4 and so on.

0 Kudos
Settling in
Message 6 of 9 (246 Views)

0 Kudos
Wise owl
Message 7 of 9 (232 Views)

While this answer may indeed be helpful, why on earth has it been promoted four times to the top of the thread?

It's What I Do.
I Drink and I
Remember Things.
0 Kudos
Dialled in
Message 8 of 9 (216 Views)

I agree.

And you can easily create a new virii just by adjusting a few lines of code and maybe a new header or stub and repack with a UD crypter. Some of the decryptor tools work because Skiddies are taking the source and recompiling it as is and hoping to hit gold with zero effort.
0 Kudos
Wise owl
Message 9 of 9 (180 Views)

Sololobo wrote:

While this answer may indeed be helpful, why on earth has it been promoted four times to the top of the thread?

From one post being promoted four times as a "helpful answer" to no helpful answers at all, what has happened?

I would expect one "helpful answer" being promoted once at least. 

It's What I Do.
I Drink and I
Remember Things.
0 Kudos