Menu
JG90
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Mistaken Identity

Hi,

I keep getting emails regarding an unpaid bill on a Virgin Media account that has nothing to do with me (I won't list the account number here). I'm not a Virgin Media customer (never have been) and don't live at the address stated on the bill.

I've checked the legitimacy of the email and it's not Spam / Phishing and is a simple case of mistaken email address (probably because the customer shares the same surname as me).

Live Chat doesn't seem to be working and I can't speak to a human being on the phone to resolve as you need the accounts password details (which I don't have, because it's not my account...).

Does anyone know of a number I can call where I don't need to know the account's password or how I can resolve and ensure the correct person is getting their account emails instead of me (as it doesn't look like they've been paying their bills...)?

Thanks,

0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
Superuser
Superuser
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Mistaken Identity

If it requests you to enter a password via your phone keypad (before you actually speak to someone) then just do nothing & eventually you'll get through.

Virginia/Doctor9fan. If I have helped please give me Kudos.

All Replies
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

When asked for account details you can say you don’t have them - or have you already done this?
For the memorable word just enter nothing & you’ll be put through.

0 Kudos
JG90
Joining in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

It's very persistent and won't let me through without entering characters from the password. None of the options seem very relevant to me (I tried the option where it says 'I'm thinking of leaving' as that seemed to be the closes, but even that requested a password).

Any other thoughts?
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

If it requests you to enter a password via your phone keypad (before you actually speak to someone) then just do nothing & eventually you'll get through.

JG90
Joining in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

That's done the trick. Thanks
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

I hope support sorts everything out for you. Smiley Happy

0 Kudos