Menu
geebrooks9
Tuning in
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Letter from Virgin Media, or spam?

Received a very concerning letter yesterday. Stating "Your financial transactions and personal details could be at risk."  And saying  my Virgin Media internet connection had been sending a high number of spam emails???  Supposedly from Virgin Email, I don't know if it's a spam email or not?  Who do I contact?  Please help.

0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Letter from Virgin Media, or spam?

geebrooks9 wrote:

Received a very concerning letter yesterday. Stating "Your financial transactions and personal details could be at risk."  And saying  my Virgin Media internet connection had been sending a high number of spam emails???  Supposedly from Virgin Email, I don't know if it's a spam email or not?  Who do I contact?  Please help.

VM does send those out, just do a search via the community to see other examples of customers' talking about theirs. Also, please give this topic a thorough read, link: http://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Security-matters/Warning-Letters-from-Internet-Security-an-expla...

You should follow the advise regarding virus and malware scanning all your devices and changing the passwords+security questions on all of your VM emails.

- - - - - -
Any opinions expressed by myself are entirely my own and do not represent Virgin Media in any way.

All Replies
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Letter from Virgin Media, or spam?

geebrooks9 wrote:

VM does send those out, just do a search via the community to see other examples of customers' talking about theirs. Also, please give this topic a thorough read, link: http://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Security-matters/Warning-Letters-from-Internet-Security-an-expla...

You should follow the advise regarding virus and malware scanning all your devices and changing the passwords+security questions on all of your VM emails.

- - - - - -
Any opinions expressed by myself are entirely my own and do not represent Virgin Media in any way.