Menu
TonydeV
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Just received an email from Virgin media that looks suspicious

Ive just received an email asking me to confirm and update my billing information as Virgin aren't able to process my most recent payment of bill. This looks suspicious?

0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Just received an email from Virgin media that looks suspicious

Hi TonydeV,

Sounds very much like a phishing email, you can find a copy of the latest scam mailing here, I suspect it will look familiar :

http://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Security-matters/Latest-Phishing-News-03-11-2016/m-p/3246840#M23...

Rgds

Ralph_R
Forum Moderator

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

0 Kudos

All Replies
Compbck
Superfast
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

TonydeV - If you are sure that your information is up to date - ignore the email and delete it forthwith. 

VM and other similar ISPs will never ask you to put personal account information in an email, or ask you on the phone, however, they may ask you to check your information yourself, if for instance an authentic payment has failed due to an out of date credit card, requiring you to update such information by securely logging into your account and making any changes.

Any changes you make will be automatically updated and detected by the system - so you do not even need to email or phone through the fact that changes have been made.

I get it all the time with my Domain provider when I have not noticed that a card payment failed.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hi TonydeV,

Sounds very much like a phishing email, you can find a copy of the latest scam mailing here, I suspect it will look familiar :

http://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Security-matters/Latest-Phishing-News-03-11-2016/m-p/3246840#M23...

Rgds

Ralph_R
Forum Moderator

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

0 Kudos
TonydeV
Joining in
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

many thanks - yes i recognised the wording on the latest phishing news. The Virgin site is now bookmarked ready for the next time

0 Kudos