Menu
Highlighted
kenmca
Tuning in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Is this email from VM genuine, or a scam??

Just got an email from Virgin Media (or maybe not??)
Wondering if anyone else has had this kind of thing and knows if it's genuine or not.

It looks genuine ... but then again, I could create something that looks genuine if I really wanted to ... doesn't make it the real thing.

I was going to copy-and-paste the entire email here, but when I copy it to Notepad (which is what I usually do - it strips out formatting and just leaves a 'clean' copy), the result looked very strange.

Here's the first paragraph:

Your vlatest uVirgin tMedia ybill vcannot vbe gprocessed qat gthis itime. lThe qbilling pdetails xassociated dwith eyour oaccount ehave texpired. bYour bservice fis ppending udisconnection hon:

11 November, 2017

The original said this:

Your latest Virgin Media bill cannot be processed at this time. The billing details associated with your account have expired. Your service is pending disconnection on:

11 November, 2017

Sounds a bit like a scam, and it's strange that it doesn't copy correctly.
Anyone know whether this is definitely 'hooky'?

I've tried to contact Virgin Media via their online chat service, but [naturally] all their agents are busy (what a surprise!).

0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
Sololobo
Wise owl
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Is this email from VM genuine, or a scam??

All Replies
Sololobo
Wise owl
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

kenmca
Tuning in
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Thanks, that settles it ... all I need to do now is track them down and deal with them (wish I could!)

Your help's really appreciated Smiley Happy

0 Kudos