Menu
Englishorirish
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Is it a scammers

I have had a text message from
+44 7800 002204
The message talks about my upcoming installation at an address that isn't mine. Nothing appears on my user area, is this a scam?
0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Is it a scammers

Likely someone gave the wrong phone number during their ordering process or the sales team took down the person's number wrong. This post here shows that it is a genuine VM number, link: http://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Managing-Your-Account-Cable/Received-a-text-message-to-say-netwo...

A member of the favicon.png Forum Team here will be able to look into the matter and amend who ever's account it is to have the correct contact telephone number. You'll get a response from a member of said team in up to three days.

- - - - - -
Any opinions expressed by myself are entirely my own and do not represent Virgin Media in any way.

All Replies
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Likely someone gave the wrong phone number during their ordering process or the sales team took down the person's number wrong. This post here shows that it is a genuine VM number, link: http://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Managing-Your-Account-Cable/Received-a-text-message-to-say-netwo...

A member of the favicon.png Forum Team here will be able to look into the matter and amend who ever's account it is to have the correct contact telephone number. You'll get a response from a member of said team in up to three days.

- - - - - -
Any opinions expressed by myself are entirely my own and do not represent Virgin Media in any way.
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Hi Englishorirish

I appreciate you joining us on the forums and thanks for dropping by with your post regarding the text message you have received.

With regards to the message it is highly likely that the scenario described by @Shelke is the most likely reason you have received this.

For us to check this for you I am going to send a message to you in the up on the top right of the forums.

There I will take your details and we can check to see if this has been the case. If so , we will  endeavour to correct this for you as quickly as possible.

I hope to hear back from you soon.

Thanks again.

Karen_A
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"