Menu
Joseph10
Just joined
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

I received a letter stating bimetal has been found on one of my devices and I should download F-Secure

I received a letter stating that a malicious software (malware) bimetal has been found on one of my devices but they do not know which one.  Is this a genuine letter?  It advises I should download F-Secure SAFE and that I can use this for free on 5 devices for 12 months.

None of the anti-viruses I currently use have detected any malware, therefore I am worried and unsure which device has the malware.  The letter states that my financial transactions and personal data could be at risk!

There are more than 5 devices that use the internet within my household, please can you confirm whether this letter is from yourselves and advise me on what action I should take.

Thanks.

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Re: I received a letter stating bimetal has been found on one of my devices and I should download F-Secur

Virgin Media do send such notification letters, is it genuine, no idea, but how likely is it to be a scam?

“bimetal”, are you sure that is correct?

Use your favoured search engine to find more information about the malware and how best to tackle it but only from security related websites you recognize.