Menu
horsedobbin
Tuning in
Message 1 of 12
Flag for a moderator

How to report a phone junction box in the street with doors open?

There is a green cabinet at the end of my road with its doors wide open. There could be massive damage and disruption to services if its vandalised - so how can this be reported without going through an irrelevant phone system?

0 Kudos
Dave_cq
Trouble shooter
Message 2 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Re: How to report a phone junction box in the street with doors open?

It may or not be a Virgin Media cabinet, but in case it is you can report it here ...  https://help.virginmedia.com/system/selfservice.controller?CONFIGURATION=1001&PARTITION_ID=1&TIMEZON...

and it is always helpful to include the cabinet number stencilled on the casing if it is still legible.

********* SuperHub 2ac - Asus rt-ac68u Router - Vivid 100Mbps **********

Electron
0 Kudos
horsedobbin
Tuning in
Message 3 of 12
Flag for a moderator

I keep reporting the cabinet, which still has its doors WIDE OPEN, BUT NO-ONE DOES ANYTHING? IS ANYONE OUT THERE? 

I've used the online reporting form four times, specifying the location and number of the cabinet but in response there is a deafening silence. The cabinet doors remain WIDE OPEN. 

I've sent several emails to Vanessa Fuller: again a deafening silence. 

The cabinet number is R1652 and it's located in Fairmead Gardens IG4 5BP at the beginning of the road. 

What is the problem?

0 Kudos
Dave_cq
Trouble shooter
Message 4 of 12
Flag for a moderator

It wasn't looking too brilliant when the street-view camera passed by in 2014.

https://www.google.co.uk/maps/@51.5786302,0.0475695,3a,40.9y,340.63h,79.2t/data=!3m6!1e1!3m4!1sL-m4P...

********* SuperHub 2ac - Asus rt-ac68u Router - Vivid 100Mbps **********

Electron
0 Kudos
horsedobbin
Tuning in
Message 5 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Does anyone from Virgin Media read these posts? I've phoned twice, filled out the online form four times and have emailed Vanessa three times now, and yet the box still has its doors wide open to the elements and and any passing vandal who feels like pulling wires out. Are VM waiting for it to be damaged before closing the doors and locking them, or even fitting a new lock? I really don't understand why it's , so far , taken two weeks for nothing to be done. No-one has bothered to contact me . 

[MOD EDIT: Personal and private information has been removed from this post. Please do not post personal or private information in your public posts. Please review the Forum Guidelines]

0 Kudos
horsedobbin
Tuning in
Message 6 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Almost beyond belief: I received this email yesterday: 

Sent: Sat, Dec 10, 2016 12:41 pm
Subject: RE: Virgin Media Helpsite Webform - General Enquiry Form

Good Morning,

Thank you for contacting Virgin Media.

Could you please advise the exact location of the cabinet so we can arrange for someone to attend?

Thank you.

Sonia| Cabinet and Plant Administrator

John Henry Group Cabinet & Plant Contact Centre

Network Expansion

John Henry Group | Head Office | The Sidings, Longstanton, Cambridgeshire, CB23 3DS

D 0800 519 6929 

Here is my reply:

Dear Mr .Fayedzerwa,

I have given you the street name, the postcode and the reference number on the cabinet. Fairmead Gardens is a short road and the cabinet is near the beginning of the road : it is near a house with the number ONE on it. I have provided pictures of the cabinet showing where it is located. 
Please explain what further information you need? Is it really so hard for you to find your own property?
Thanks

[MOD EDIT: Personal and private information has been removed from this post. Please do not post personal or private information in your public posts. Please review the Forum Guidelines]
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Hi horsedobbin

I am so sorry to hear that despite the 4 occasions you have notified us about this that the cabinet remains open, and to hear that they have contacted you again when you have clearly given us everything our teams need to locate this cabinet is simply daft!

I've escalated this for you to our teams and I hope that this is resolved soon for you.

I've just had immediate feedback from Vanessa to confirm this this will be looked at today for you.

Please, please keep us posted regarding this and let us know if we need to escalate this further for you.

Kind regards.

Karen_A
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

0 Kudos
horsedobbin
Tuning in
Message 8 of 12
Flag for a moderator

What I don't understand about this is the lack of urgency. A junction box with open doors could easily be vandalised resulting in customers' phone and internet connections being cut off for some time.It could be expensive and time consuming to repair the damaged box and some customers might even leave VM or demand a partial refund for the time their service was cut off. It seems to me to make sense to give priority to an open box-but then what do I know? I'm just an ordinary person who was trying to help.

I didn't contact VM four times by the way. I filled out the online form four times, sent three emails including pictures of the open box and also phoned twice-and it wasn't easy getting through either. 

0 Kudos
RedGooner
Knows their stuff
Message 9 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Same happened in my street.

Phoned the support line, nothing happened.
Told a Passing Engineer, nothing happened.
Posted on here, a mod said they reported it, still nothing happened.

In the end I sent a email to the CEO of VM you can google this, and guess what I had a phone call the same day, and it was fixed the next.

I guess the CEO team are fed up of the lower ranks and sent a rocket down the line.

--
Red (VM SH2 AC Beta tester)
Running on 200Mb VM service with SH2 AC in Modem Mode, with a ASUS RT-N66U router. With this setup I get Fantastic WIRED and WIRELESS Signals in my home. I dont work for VM. But I work in IT, and I know my tech.
My advice is at your own risk.
0 Kudos
horsedobbin
Tuning in
Message 10 of 12
Flag for a moderator

I walked past the box this morning-the doors were closed but I could see that there was a gap at the top of the doors where presumably, they had been previously forced open.That means that a certain amount of rain will get in. I don't know how vulnerable to water the insides of boxes are, but the doors weren't designed to let water in, were they? Has someone "solved" the problem by simply shutting the doors even though they probably need to be replaced? By the way, I've got the same router.

0 Kudos