Menu
r0d
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

How to remove an old 'alternative' email name on a blueyonder account

Hi, on my original blueyonder account my email has 3 or 4 different names on it. They are called alternative names that all fed into the same email route back to the account holder. I still use this email account daily.

One of my old alternative names was hacked a while back, and I still get spam and phish emails to this one old alternative email.

But there is no option to remove it, any one out there know how I could get it removed ?

Thanks in advance, Im thinking because its now changed to virgin media email, I might need a virging employee to alter the old blueyonder accounts?

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: How to remove an old 'alternative' email name on a blueyonder account

Virgin Media lack the support infrastructure to maintain blueyonder.co.uk email account as I found a few years back when they deleted mine and spent an age trying unsuccessfully to restore them. Their spam filters are in name only judging from the recent increase of spam arriving in inboxes.

Try:

• Creating a filter in webmail to discard messages addressed to a specific email address
  • Find an email provider independent of any Internet service provider that better meets your email needs
r0d
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Thanks, I thought this might be the case. The filter idea though is a good one for the spam aspect.

I guess moving over to a two step email verification may be better in the long run, but im sure these will be chargable in future after they have scared everyone into using a "must have" item to protect yourself.

Its a shame virgin only seem to update the monthly costs and not the tools they provide. The only reason I stayed with virgin for so long is because everything of mine is connected via these emails on blueyonder and virgin. Maybe changing will give the the chance to try another cheaper provider that does not force us into faster broadband speeds that we dont need or want, and the cost rises that come with them in a stealthy way a month or two later.

Thanks again.

0 Kudos
jamesofmerton
Rising star
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

We have never used the virgin email. When we had blueyonder and left for sky, we of course lost emails. Won't make that mistake again. There are plenty of alternatives that are better.
0 Kudos