Menu
Joining in
Message 1 of 4 (258 Views)

How to contact Virgin Media

Does anyone have a number in the UK that you can call Virgin Media on and speak to an actual person.  Virgin Media are incorrectly sending me emails about someone else's account.  I have called them to correct this previously but I am still receiving them.  As it is not my account I cannot complete the information required on the automated phone service and online chat is not available. Why are there no options to allow you to speak to someone!

0 Kudos
Knows their stuff
Message 2 of 4 (239 Views)

Re: How to contact Virgin Media

Try 150 from a Virgin Media phone / mobile or and then just ignore the prompts for Virgin Media phone number or account number until it times out.

Alternatively, contact the Information Commissionaire's Office (ICO) and raise the matter them to resolve: ICO live chat or call their helpline on 0303 123 1113. 

0 Kudos
Superuser
Message 3 of 4 (234 Views)

ibass wrote:

Does anyone have a number in the UK that you can call Virgin Media on and speak to an actual person.  Virgin Media are incorrectly sending me emails about someone else's account.  I have called them to correct this previously but I am still receiving them.  As it is not my account I cannot complete the information required on the automated phone service and online chat is not available. Why are there no options to allow you to speak to someone!

When it comes to calling (0345 454 1111) in with no account details at hand (or you have none to go with) about this kind of matter. Go with Option 1 -> Then choose the account+area ref step. It will prompt for details, key nothing in. After two prompts you can enter the main menu. From there go with either Option 4 -> Option 1 or Option 4 -> Option 5. Option 5 has more limited hours (8AM to 8PM M-F and 8AM to 6PM Sa.)

Of course a member the favicon.png Forum Team here can correct the issue. You'll get a response from one of them in up to a week. @Karen_A

Issues like this occur due a customer providing incorrect details when signing up or the agent they were talking to took down the customer's details wrong - either way it is user error in both cases. It's easily fixed.

- - - - - -
Any opinions expressed by myself are entirely my own and do not represent Virgin Media in any way.
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4 (122 Views)

Hey ibass

Many thanks for letting us know about the incorrect emails you are receiving on behalf of another person and my apologies that this is happening Smiley Sad

In order for me to look at supporting you, if you could pop a message to me with your name, and the email address that is receiving the information on behalf of another customer, then I'll be happy to take a look into this for you.

To PM me, simply:

• Click on my profile link Karen_A
  • On the right had side, select the 'send me a message' option.

I hope to hear back from you and we'll do what we can to then get this sorted for you.

Many thanks and speak soon.

Karen_A
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"