Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 3 (5,420 Views)

How do I turn Web Safe On without having to login to my customer account

A message came up from Virgin Media 2-weeks ago as I was searching the web, which asked me if I wanted to turn Web Safe off. I accidently clicked something wrong and the next thing I knew; my mother, who is registered with the service, received a letter from Virgin Media saying 'Thank you for requesting to turn Web Safe off' and confirming that they had turned it off. Since then weird messages have been coming up on my browser - 'Do you want to debug this website?' not giving me an option to opt out of it, or to click the page away, and 'Only showing secure content' with options 'Show all' or 'close'. My mom, however, is laid-back and she will not look for her account details to change it back, even though she said she would.

0 Kudos

Accepted Solutions
Wise owl
Message 2 of 3 (10,625 Views)
Helpful Answer
confirmed by leek_32_
‎27-11-2015 02:37

Re: How do I turn Web Safe On without having to login to my customer account

leek_32_ wrote:

A message came up from Virgin Media 2-weeks ago as I was searching the web, which asked me if I wanted to turn Web Safe off. I accidently clicked something wrong and the next thing I knew; my mother, who is registered with the service, received a letter from Virgin Media saying 'Thank you for requesting to turn Web Safe off' and confirming that they had turned it off. Since then weird messages have been coming up on my browser - 'Do you want to debug this website?' not giving me an option to opt out of it, or to click the page away, and 'Only showing secure content' with options 'Show all' or 'close'. My mom, however, is laid-back and she will not look for her account details to change it back, even though she said she would.

These messages have more to do with browser settings than with Websafe being on or off.

What browser are you using?

Websafe is a "one size fits all" system,  it's better to have it off and use other methods of filtering web content, if in fact you need your Web access censored.

It's What I Do.
I Drink and
I Remember Things.

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

All Replies
Wise owl
Message 2 of 3 (10,626 Views)
Helpful Answer
confirmed by leek_32_
‎27-11-2015 02:37

leek_32_ wrote:

These messages have more to do with browser settings than with Websafe being on or off.

What browser are you using?

Websafe is a "one size fits all" system,  it's better to have it off and use other methods of filtering web content, if in fact you need your Web access censored.

It's What I Do.
I Drink and
I Remember Things.
Joining in
Message 3 of 3 (5,217 Views)

Hi Sololobo,

Thank you for your reply and sorry for the slow response; I totally forgot that I posted this post.

I have got the internet explorer browser on Windows 8.

Kind regards

0 Kudos