Menu
Joining in
Message 1 of 17 (195 Views)

Help me please

I have an infection which is a redirect virus called peekier.com. I have ran full scans, used malwarebytes and f-secure but this virus seems persistent and unable to get rid of it. I found many removal guides like this one, but all of them seem trustless so I did not try. I've reinstalled Chrome but still experience the problem. Can anyone suggest or has managed to get rid of this?

0 Kudos
Superuser
Message 2 of 17 (179 Views)

Re: Help me please

system restore to a date before the problem.
failing that backup your files and factory reset your pc
0 Kudos
Trouble shooter
Message 3 of 17 (169 Views)

Delma wrote:

I have an infection which is a redirect virus called peekier.com. I have ran full scans, used malwarebytes and f-secure but this virus seems persistent and unable to get rid of it. I found many removal guides like this one,

that link is a scam / malicious site, says malwarebytes

go to malwarebytes for removal isntructions or use this link

http://www.remove-spyware-wikicom.com/how-to-remove-peekier-com-from-your-computer-chrome-firefox-ie...

0 Kudos
Up to speed
Message 4 of 17 (135 Views)

apcyberax wrote:

Really?

Sorry but that is extremely poor advice.

Because the system restore partition is a protected one it is normally one of the first places a virus et alia will hide itself, so as soon as you do a restore you simply restore the virus as well.

******************************************************************************************************************************
All the voices in my head are my own voices - Find your own!

If I have helped you then please click on the "thumbs up" icon.

If you feel I have helped to solve your problem then please mark my message as a "Helpful Answer"

0 Kudos
Up to speed
Message 5 of 17 (134 Views)

Delma wrote:

I have an infection which is a redirect virus called peekier.com. I have ran full scans, used malwarebytes and f-secure but this virus seems persistent and unable to get rid of it. I found many removal guides like this one, but all of them seem trustless so I did not try. I've reinstalled Chrome but still experience the problem. Can anyone suggest or has managed to get rid of this?

Download and run this tool from Sophos: Virus Removal Tool

It is free to download and use

******************************************************************************************************************************
All the voices in my head are my own voices - Find your own!

If I have helped you then please click on the "thumbs up" icon.

If you feel I have helped to solve your problem then please mark my message as a "Helpful Answer"

0 Kudos
Joining in
Message 6 of 17 (126 Views)

[ Edited ]

apcyberax, Thanks for your advice but I wouldn't do that as the changes made to my system files and system programs, which means I will lose some of my data more or less and I don't want to see this happen. I haven’t backed up my data.

0 Kudos
Joining in
Message 7 of 17 (123 Views)

cybmole, I don't see any difference between our links. The website you provided is also malicious and advertising to me.

0 Kudos
Trouble shooter
Message 8 of 17 (108 Views)

the difference is that my real time defense: malwarebyte pro blocked your link as malicious, it did not block my link which I found via a google search, and the how to to it manually therein looked sensible. most web sites advertise - that's why you have ad blockers ( which can also protect you from the crap that your are now trying to remove. I recommend chrome + ublock

to be super safe, google for manual removal instructions and DIY it., though if a system restore to an earlier time can sort it, that's simpler and faster.

going forward. you have sub standard internet security , else it would never have gotten on there, so review that, and your browsing/ install habits

0 Kudos
Trouble shooter
Message 9 of 17 (100 Views)

KeithW wrote:

apcyberax wrote:

Really?

Sorry but that is extremely poor advice.

Because the system restore partition is a protected one it is normally one of the first places a virus et alia will hide itself, so as soon as you do a restore you simply restore the virus as well.

I disagree for 2 reasons.

1. it has rescued me in the past

2., it is safe and simple: take a new system restore, then  try reverting to an old one., if no improvement then revert back to the one you just took

as for " I haven't backed up my data"! -  well why are we even bothering - some folks are just unteachable

all he has is a nasty redirect, that will not hide in a reserved partition - check the DIY removal instructions

nor will it hide in his data - so back up all docs, pictures,  video. fresh install windows, re-install programs as needed will 100% fix it

0 Kudos
Trouble shooter
Message 10 of 17 (90 Views)

0 Kudos