Menu
Sensible
Dialled in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

F-Secure won't work on Windows XP

I have paid for F_Secure subscription for several years and all has worked fine. After renewing my subscription recently, my Windows XP computer didn't recognise the subscription. I uninstalled F-Secure and deleted my licence intending to reinstall it. However, I got a message that they no longer support Windows XP and haven't done so for some time. My F-Secure has been working fine until my renewal but after contacting F-Secure I apparantly can't use it anymore on XP.

As I want internet security for all my computers including XP, Vista and Windows 10 I have had a full refund and moved away from F-Secure.

I am disappointed that F-Secure have taken this stance with XP and won't be using them anymore.

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: F-Secure won't work on Windows XP

windows XP is a unsupported system and shouldn't be used.

Microsoft stopped support for it years ago so it is no longer getting security updates.
If you care that much about security you need to upgrade to a supported OS
0 Kudos
Sensible
Dialled in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

There are plenty of people still using Windows XP and plenty of Antivirus products that support it. F- secure have chosen not to!
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

plenty of people doesn;t make it supported. Anyone using windows XP puts themselfs and other people online at risk.
https://www.microsoft.com/en-gb/WindowsForBusiness/end-of-xp-support

Its been almost 3 years now.
0 Kudos