Menu
Highlighted
Yasin1986
Tuning in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Dpa breach

Can any1 please advise best cause of action I recieved an outbound call from virgin no dpa confirmed went straight into details on my account disclosing everything, I’ve called back twice to register a complaint both managers have refused to log the complaint and in their words advised me that no data protection questions need to be asked on an outbound call to customers
0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Dpa breach

Raise a complaint with the Information Commissioner's Office (ICO): https://ico.org.uk/
Superuser
Superuser
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

I'm going to ask that the @ModTeam take a look at this.  While certainly I'd consider voicing my concerns to the ICO as well, Virgin Media do need to investigate from their end.

I don't work for Virgin Media, but certainly when I've had calls from them, they've usually confirmed who I am, Although personally I think they need to consider ordering their questions better.  I know also that other customers are asked DPA questions when Virgin makes outbound sales calls, as a number of threads have been made here discussing them.

So to hear that a "manager", and I'm going to use the inverted comma's just in case it wasn't actually a manager you spoke to,  is advising that they don't need to do DPA checks would be extremely disturbing.

Tim

Edit:  Make that two managers, not one.

Only use Helpful answer if your problems been solved.

All Replies
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Raise a complaint with the Information Commissioner's Office (ICO): https://ico.org.uk/
Superuser
Superuser
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

I'm going to ask that the @ModTeam take a look at this.  While certainly I'd consider voicing my concerns to the ICO as well, Virgin Media do need to investigate from their end.

I don't work for Virgin Media, but certainly when I've had calls from them, they've usually confirmed who I am, Although personally I think they need to consider ordering their questions better.  I know also that other customers are asked DPA questions when Virgin makes outbound sales calls, as a number of threads have been made here discussing them.

So to hear that a "manager", and I'm going to use the inverted comma's just in case it wasn't actually a manager you spoke to,  is advising that they don't need to do DPA checks would be extremely disturbing.

Tim

Edit:  Make that two managers, not one.

Only use Helpful answer if your problems been solved.

Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi Yasin1986 and thanks for your post.

Thanks for raising your concerns with us.

We'd like to look into this for you so I'll drop you a PM ( envelope top right) shorty.

Kind regards
Steve
Community Moderator