Menu
Seffrid
Superfast
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Daily phishing calls from 03452 500612

Every day this week I've been getting an automated call from 03452 500612 purporting to be from HSBC Bank. It invites me to press 1 if I am a certain named individual which I am not, and I haven't listened beyond that - I hang up immediately now. However, googling the number suggests that the caller will then invite me to press 2 if I am not that named person and ask me to identify myself with personal security details etc. I don't of course have an account with HSBC Bank anyway!

This call is fast becoming a nuisance seeing that it comes at 17:32 every day regular as clockwork. Is there any way please that VM can block it at their end as doubtless plenty of other customers are being pestered by it and some may fall for it?

0 Kudos
Sololobo
Wise owl
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Daily phishing calls from 03452 500612

Ofcom advice for dealing with calls of this type can be found here: https://www.ofcom.org.uk/phones-telecoms-and-internet/advice-for-consumers/problems/tackling-nuisanc...

Complain to Ofcom, and in the case of "scam" type calls contact Action Fraud as well. http://www.actionfraud.police.uk/

It's What I Do.
I Drink and I
Remember Things.
Seffrid
Superfast
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Daily phishing calls from 03452 500612

Thanks.

Ofcom's categories don't really cover phishing calls other than referring you to Action Fraud, but I'll consider reporting it to Action Fraud if the calls continue and VM don't have any policy on it. However, I haven't received these calls since Friday so hopefully they've given up.

I'd still appreciate hearing from VM what their policy is on these types of calls. Had it been an email it would have been filtered by them as spam and I wouldn't have received it, so they ought in my view to protect their phone customers as well as their broadband customers by filtering such calls where the originating number has been reported to them and subsequently confirmed as the source of a phishing attempt.

0 Kudos