Menu
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 8 (189 Views)

Contact

Why is it so difficult to make contact with virgin media?

I want to report a SPOOF e-mail which is asking for my details but I cannot find anywhere to where to send it.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 8 (175 Views)

Re: Contact

Hi Compuadd,

You can report issues of that nature here by filling in the netreport form.

Thanks

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

On our wavelength
Message 3 of 8 (130 Views)

Why isn't there a direct link on the main website/ Why have I got to troll through pages and pages of rubbish to find a contact?

0 Kudos
Superuser
Message 4 of 8 (124 Views)

Details on Phising, and what do with suspected email is in the help article here:

https://help.virginmedia.com/system/templates/selfservice/vm/help/customer/locale/en-GB/portal/20030...
I work for Virgin Media - but all opinions posted here are my own
0 Kudos
On our wavelength
Message 5 of 8 (113 Views)

I don't want to look up articles on how to report phlishing. I want a direct link on the main Virgin Media website.

0 Kudos
Well-informed
Message 6 of 8 (107 Views)

compuadd wrote:

I don't want to look up articles on how to report phlishing. I want a direct link on the main Virgin Media website.

The main issue is, that reporting spoof emails really doesn't do anything, i mean you'll feel better but for the most part it will just end up in the bin with all the other emails once an abuse email is automatically fired off to whichever server is hosting the domain, most of those domains are ones that have been compromised through other hacks anyway so the cycle is literally never ending, all the while we still use an email system built in the early days of the internet we have no real way to stop people sending spoof emails, i mean i could send you an email claiming to be Richard Branson, it would even have a valid reply-to address, i don't have to hack his account or do anything overly complicated to send this email, so VM bury the link to try to stop people sending masses of reports about something they can't do anything about

On our wavelength
Message 7 of 8 (92 Views)

So you bury all spam/phlishing e-mails the same way you bury complaints about crap Tivo boxes. I have been waiting months for a response on how to cope with a super slow Tivo box. I had a replacement box the that is worse than the one it replaced. I think all Virgin customer services have their heads stuck up their ass so as not to listen to complaints. 

0 Kudos
Well-informed
Message 8 of 8 (82 Views)

compuadd wrote:

So you bury all spam/phlishing e-mails the same way you bury complaints about crap Tivo boxes. I have been waiting months for a response on how to cope with a super slow Tivo box. I had a replacement box the that is worse than the one it replaced. I think all Virgin customer services have their heads stuck up their ass so as not to listen to complaints. 

Wouldn't know anything about tivo boxes, all i'm saying is stuff that relates to how the email system actually works, reporting spam/phishing/spoof emails doens't actually work in the long run, VM have nothing they themselves can directly do about it unless the email account in question is hosted by VM, in which case they can terminate it, but they will generally use hacked email accounts on hacked web hosting accounts or buy cheap domains that look official to the untrained, and virgin can't do anything about that

0 Kudos