Menu
Savvyboy
Tuning in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Captcha broken again?

I saw a post on this earlier in the year and I am having the exact same issues.

I have been trying to log in for ages. Every time I click the 'I am not a robot' and do the verification quiz I get a green tick, presumably to tell me I have got it right, but then it just comes back asking me to repeat it.

I have also tried it using different browsers and simply cannot access my account.

PLEASE SORT IT.....Completely useless waste of time!

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Captcha broken again?

Hi Savvyboy, 

Thanks for getting in touch, I am sorry to see that you have been having trouble accessing your emails. 

Try clearing your cache and cookies and let us know if this makes a difference.

Are you having trouble from any other devices? 

It may be worth trying an email client if it is soemthing you have come across a lot recently.

Keep us posted. 

Emma

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
Savvyboy
Tuning in
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Captcha broken again?

Thank you Emma - I spoke with customer service and got this resolved in the end.

Yes, I had attempted to log on with 3 different browsers and cleared cache/history in all but nothing worked.

Apparently my account was locked due to failed logins and the customer service rep manually overwrote the password for me (which I have now changed) and I am back with full access.

My take away from this follows - the Captcha application has added a layer of complexity that seems to be counter productive. This coupled with the lack of intelligent feedback regarding failed login simply compounds the frustration at the customer experience level. in my instance there was no reason offered to me for the failure to login, I had green ticks on every box then captcha then nothing, simply the request to repeat and repeat and repeat and repeat (you get the idea)....I tried for 45 minutes to login and at the end of the whole sorry episode i definitely was not thinking how wonderful virgin are for protecting my identity so vigorously! 

Fundamentally if you are going to use this as a customer facing application then you need to offer better error feedback along with alternatives to enable login where required.

0 Kudos