Menu
Ian987
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Calls from 0800 952 2025

3 calls in 3 days from this number to our landline, missed the first 2 because I was at work.  Irish sounding female asking to speak about an urgent problem with a Virgin Mobile account, that if not resolved today could affect the service of the mobile phone (standard pressure tactic used by scammers to make you do something there and then without taking time to think about it).  Having googled the number previously, it appears to be a scam call, and there was no way I was passing account details etc out without the caller proving they were from VM.  They quickly hung up at this point.  Can somebody from VM confirm if this is or is not one of their numbers, and if so what is wrong on one of the mobile accounts registered to this address.

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Calls from 0800 952 2025

@ModTeam

Can you advise please?  Was this a genuine call?

Ravenstar68

Only use Helpful answer if your problems been solved.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hmmm you're wise to be suspicious......Any out bound sales contact should be referenced on your account, in this case there's not been anything recorded so it looks very much like scam attempt.

If there's ever any doubt as to the validity of the caller I would callback on a Virgin Media number (150/0345 454 1111) to follow things up.

Rgds

Ralph_R
Forum Moderator

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

Ian987
Joining in
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

The same number has called again twice today.....they do not give up!  Funny old thing, all of our mobiles assigned to VM are still working absolutely fine, and there are no problems with payments etc -  in sum, there is no problem that they allude to. This is a total scam. DO NOT GIVE ANY INFORMATION TO ANY CALLERS FROM THIS NUMBER       0800 952 2025

Ralph_R wrote:

Hmmm you're wise to be suspicious......Any out bound sales contact should be referenced on your account, in this case there's not been anything recorded so it looks very much like scam attempt.

If there's ever any doubt as to the validity of the caller I would callback on a Virgin Media number (150/0345 454 1111) to follow things up.

Rgds

0 Kudos