Menu
Steve-_-
Just joined
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Apple ID question

My phone had a notification yesterday which read that someone was trying to log into my apple ID from a PC in Manchester ! I have reset the password as I thought it was strange but now every time I try and log back into the account it sends a verification code but before I receive it the notification stated above shows on my phone - why is this ? Is it where Virgin broad band is based ? Have I been hacked ??

Any information is appreciated

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Apple ID question

Hi Steve,

Thanks for coming to us for help with this.

Please take a look at the below link:

What to do if you think your Apple ID has been compromised

Follow the advice contained and, if further support is still needed, follow the Contact Apple Support link at the bottom of that page.

Wishing you all the best, keep us updated Smiley Happy

Jen
Forum Team

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Superuser
Superuser
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

I have known the pop up to say I'm in London when I'm logging into my Apple account, I'm near Manchester, mostly it shows correctly though.

Virginia/Doctor9fan. If I have helped please give me Kudos.
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

I often get emails telling me that my Apple ID has been accessed from a different location. Odd thing is i don't actually have an Apple ID. So check the address that the email comes from and the URL in links point to. The majority are like to be phishing attempts.

Obviously if you do have an Apple ID you should still check these things but if it is genuine take the appropriate action already outlined below.