Menu
davejay99
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Am I getting dodgy emails from the Virgin Media Team?

I have had a second email stating my BB had been upgraded but 150 and my account shows it has not. Had a reply on here about my previous (same) query saying I needed to order it, but that is not true either.
This is what I got today 17/11/16

Hello David,

Your broadband just got even faster – we’ve now increased your speed from a nippy up to 50Mb to up to 70Mb.

In the past year, our customers have been doing more with their connection (around 50% more, in fact). So with your new speed, you've got extra power to stream, share, play and whatever else you love.

And it’s not just fast – it’s a service you can rely on. Ofcom research shows that, overall, we're more reliable than Sky and BT, which means you’re more likely to get our advertised headline speeds.

Our research tells the same story. Unlike other major providers, we own our network, which means we can measure your connection from one end to the other. This is how we know our network has 99.9% reliability right the way to your Hub, so you'll be online more of the time. It’s all thanks to DOCSIS 3 technology, the magic in our cables.

Go and get stuck in!
Kind regards,
The Virgin Media team
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Am I getting dodgy emails from the Virgin Media Team?

If you have renewed your contract in the last 6 months or so then even though you'll receive emails saying you've been upgraded you're not eligible for the upgrade afaik.

Virginia/Doctor9fan. If I have helped please give me Kudos.
0 Kudos
Bingley
Superfast
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Am I getting dodgy emails from the Virgin Media Team?

I got exactly the same last week I ended up talking  with David at Newcastle tech who looked into these emails and confirmed they were spam- BUT they were not it seems. If you reply to the email it`ll kick back from Virgin , saying we do not pick up mail from this mail box and it is Virgin Media mail box. ! ( interesting they says it not from them). I would not stress yourself over this false upgrade email. VM would not give anything away free nowadays. 

0 Kudos