Hub 3 WPA stupid requirement

Very frustrating
0 Kudos
Tuning in
Message 12 of 15 (199 Views)

Re: Absurd password requirements

[ Edited ]

Kippies wrote:

I got hooked after picking up Use of Weapons when it came out in what? 1990? < scary thought

I was nearly Zakalwe when I joined here, but wound up re-using a nic used in other places.

That or "Grey Area", my favourite ship Smiley Wink

Haha, my phones WiFi AP was Grey Area, with the only password that made sense "meat******".  I still own all Bank's books both Iain M. and not.  Such is my feeling of "damn, I'll never be able to read a new book of his again" I still have "The Quarry" & "Hydrogen Sonata" to read.  I'll read them someday soon, but when I do I expect tears will be shed.  Use of Weapons was first, then Player of Games then State of the Art. Somebody later kindly (well I say kindly) gave me their copy of The Wasp Factory.

And yeah, 1990.  Jesus was it really?  How did I get old?  Apart from y'know not dying.

0 Kudos
Tuning in
Message 13 of 15 (197 Views)

Samurite wrote:

Just posted about this too on
Hub 3 WPA stupid requirement

Very frustrating

Glad you figured it out though. Smiley Very Happy

0 Kudos
Tuning in
Message 14 of 15 (134 Views)

Here's how I changed mine.

Prep: open web admin in chrome. Open inspection panel and selected 'network'. Then checked 'preserve log' was selected.

Act: submit a valid combination with something you'll easily recognise, and watch the network panel spill loads of calls. Locate the set calls that'll start with `http://192.168.0.1/snmpSet?` and find the two that include the password you just set.

Open each in a new tab.

Change the URL in the newly opened tabs so that parameter for the password matches the value you want and press enter.

When I did this, I got a JSON response that confirmed the setting had been made. I've resubmitted both tabs repeatedly in any order, and even after changing the SSID it still worked.

YMMV, buyer beware, etc...

JRA
On our wavelength
Message 15 of 15 (58 Views)

Good man, thanks Smiley Happy
0 Kudos