Menu
danielmallon
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi I keep on getting phone calls from 08001836403 every week. Can someone tell me if this is a scam? Also, how do I stop these nuisance calls please? I have looked online but unsure and would like clarification if this is a scam as it is a foreign person that is calling me. If someone can please help me because I have been scammed twice before.

0 Kudos
backtothefuture
Fibre optic
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: 08001836403

That telephone number is a Virgin Media number but the number presented to you can be easily faked (ie, a scammer could get any number to show when they call you), so don't rely on the telephone number shown to determine if it is genuine.

I would never give out any information on an unsolicited call regardless of who they say they are.  If you are actually expecting the call then that is different.

If you are at all unsure it is always best to hang up and call back on the regular contact number.

-

If I have helped please feel free to give 'Kudos' by clicking on the thumbs up icon against any of my posts. If I have helped to solve an issue you can also click on the 'Mark As Helpful Answer' link to mark it as helpful.
0 Kudos
danielmallon
Joining in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Do you think its a scam? I am not expecting a call from Virgin. How do I stop receiving a call from this number?
0 Kudos
backtothefuture
Fibre optic
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Personally I doubt it is.  Virgin Media do operate overseas call centres but if you have no reason to expect a call from Virgin Media I wouldn't worry about it.

If it is genuine and important they will contact you by alternative means.

You are best giving Virgin Media a call on 150 and ask them to mark on your account that you do not wish to receive marketing phone calls.

-

If I have helped please feel free to give 'Kudos' by clicking on the thumbs up icon against any of my posts. If I have helped to solve an issue you can also click on the 'Mark As Helpful Answer' link to mark it as helpful.
danielmallon
Joining in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for your help. I was going to contact Virgin Media tomorrow as I am not expecting a call from them.
0 Kudos
backtothefuture
Fibre optic
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

No problem at all.  I'm glad I was able to help.

-

0 Kudos