Menu
nad223
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 13
Flag for a moderator

who is on the gamer package please

i want to know who is on the gamer package and if you've  been getting bad internet connection

because i was on it and was told by a engineer that they r having problems with the gamer package and im best off downgrading to the normal 200mb broadband which i did and so far so good.

it was a waste of time for the engineer to come he couldnt even do nothing total bs of a service......

responses much appreciated.

thanks

0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
Superuser
Superuser
Message 4 of 13
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: who is on the gamer package please

That's definitely not good. I had a SNR fault a couple of days back or so and rather than reboot a lot during it, the hub 3 just wouldn't go online. But if I powered up my Superhub 2 or Superhub 2 AC they got online fine. The Forum Team told me that something about the chipset of the hub 3.0 is more problematic when it comes to dealing with SNR faults and my experience there seems to fit that profile. Besides that one recent SNR fault my hub doesn't reboot or lose connectivity, even when I am maxing it out by streaming my PS3/PS4 console game play and downloading games in the background at the same time. My main gripe with the hub 3.0 is the unstable pings, which messes with the stability of my online gaming periodically. Most of the other faults of the hub can be ignored once you're set it up.

Did they ever replace the cabling in your home? And did you save any screenshots of the stats when it dropped out and right after it recovered?

- - - - - -
Any opinions expressed by myself are entirely my own and do not represent Virgin Media in any way.
0 Kudos

All Replies
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 13
Flag for a moderator

I'm on it and have no problems with it, speeds are perfect, only draw back is the hub 3.0 requirement I have to deal with. I'm not sure why they'd tell you something was wrong with it when all it is a config file, no different to any other package which is just a tiny little config file for your hub to run, I.E. not hardware etc.

gamer.png

What problems were you having?

- - - - - -
Any opinions expressed by myself are entirely my own and do not represent Virgin Media in any way.
0 Kudos
nad223
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 13
Flag for a moderator

the problems were that the superhub 3 was restarting all the time i played a few games then after that it restarted and i got no internet for 5-10 mins.

the engineer that came today 18.12.16 said there is a snr issue which is the main green box with all the wires on it i said thats not my problem every month i have to mainly ring up because the broadband will work for few weeks then it dies out again ive already had 7 superhub 3 replaced for no reason (lol)

but since ive downgraded to the normal 200mb its been fine. he said there is high utilization in my area aswell i said to him (engineer) ive lived in this house for 13 years and u guys have still not sorted this mess out he didnt have nothing to say.its a joke. i really want the gamer package because i mainly play fifa 17 and do live streaming aswell on twitch. he said it should be all done by 23rd december 2016 which is next thursday. i will leave the gamer package till new year now i want them to fully fix the issue.

by the way thanks for ur response much appreciated.

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 4 of 13
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

That's definitely not good. I had a SNR fault a couple of days back or so and rather than reboot a lot during it, the hub 3 just wouldn't go online. But if I powered up my Superhub 2 or Superhub 2 AC they got online fine. The Forum Team told me that something about the chipset of the hub 3.0 is more problematic when it comes to dealing with SNR faults and my experience there seems to fit that profile. Besides that one recent SNR fault my hub doesn't reboot or lose connectivity, even when I am maxing it out by streaming my PS3/PS4 console game play and downloading games in the background at the same time. My main gripe with the hub 3.0 is the unstable pings, which messes with the stability of my online gaming periodically. Most of the other faults of the hub can be ignored once you're set it up.

Did they ever replace the cabling in your home? And did you save any screenshots of the stats when it dropped out and right after it recovered?

- - - - - -
0 Kudos
nad223
On our wavelength
Message 5 of 13
Flag for a moderator

thats the same problem im having. nope when i rang them last week they said on the phone they will replace the cabling but when engineer came today 18.12.16 he said nothing can be done its a total joke tell u truth one person say something else and another something else im just gonna wait till 23rd thats wat engineer said the snr fault will be fixed i will give it a week and take it from there really for the superhub 3 they need to relase a new firmware update thats stable and spike and lagg free which i know they wont get a update and mess something else up... im 2 way at the moment dont know what to do (lol)

0 Kudos
nad223
On our wavelength
Message 6 of 13
Flag for a moderator

nad223
On our wavelength
Message 7 of 13
Flag for a moderator

wow wow virgin media are total joke wanted to go back to gamer package and they dont have a clue wat the hell it is bloody stupid dont have a clue been 

passed around 5 times and still no one has a clue **bleep** is going on with ur staff virgin media disgrace of a customer service no one has a clue 19.12.16

1.58pm its been a long time on the phone and the woman still has no clue wats so ever all i can say is wat a shamble of a service aboslute joke and finally she has done it wat a joke it was.. simple thing to do and no some of the staff dont even have a clue wat they r doing it took 20 mins to sort it out when it could have take like 3 mins top side...........

0 Kudos
nad223
On our wavelength
Message 8 of 13
Flag for a moderator

hi
i have gone back to the gamer package and im getting 220 download and upload 20.16 which im happy with but give it a couple of weeks its gonna die out again.. thanks for ur replys and help much appreciated....
0 Kudos
nad223
On our wavelength
Message 9 of 13
Flag for a moderator

http://www.speedtest.net/result/5894002945.png

just did a speed test at 6.02pm 19.12.16 check the results they r very good....
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 10 of 13
Flag for a moderator

nad223 wrote:
hi
i have gone back to the gamer package and im getting 220 download and upload 20.16 which im happy with but give it a couple of weeks its gonna die out again.. thanks for ur replys and help much appreciated....

If it does post back here about it. The topic linked above did show one example of a big stat variation and the Forum Team member didn't mention any logged reason for it. I also say that you mentioned hub 3 modem mode+router worked OK or did that run into the same issue eventually?

- - - - - -
0 Kudos