Menu
loftus2
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

virgin planned maintenence 11th jan2017 west london- still no broadband or tv service since

I have a letter dated December  from Mark Davidson Executive Director Customer Care stating important improvement and upgrade work in my are  up to 5pm on 11th January 2017. Still no tv or internet Service since cut at 11:15 as per router logs - the fault is external to my house as proven but help desk and the manager Engineers has booked two house visits 17th and 19th to find out why 2 TiVo boxes and smart hub aren't working  - NO - the  upgrade was external to my house but their process knows nothing of this work  and they cant escalate to  his manager or anyone in UK -0 heeeelp!! 8 calls later and still no progress

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: virgin planned maintenence 11th jan2017 west london- still no broadband or tv service since

Hey loftus2,

Thanks for posting and a big welcome to the community Smiley Happy

Sorry to hear about your recent loss of service. I'm unable to locate your account info but I'm hoping you're back up and running now.

If you're still having any issues, please drop me a PM so I can personally investigate further.

Thanks for your patience,

Take care.

Heather_J

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
loftus2
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: virgin planned maintenence 11th jan2017 west london- still no broadband or tv service since

Hi Heather

trust you are well

Don't know how you can help -

I  finally got my service back online a week later - an engineer came and went straight to the outside cabinet where he found that the during the planned maintenance  my cable had not been connected back into the frame  - I spent several days hours arguing this with the support desk previously - all their tests stated it was my fault in my house   ( because the tests are scripted and don't  allow for the obvious)  which I already  had proven it was not and the fault was in the cabinet.

I have heard nothing from the service desk  re compensation  for clearly it was a Virgins Engineers error  and lack of procedures during planned outages  and checking service  is restored.

I have had no bill reduction as promised - the voice record can be checked  for loss of service  and travelling expenses between my home and Kent to get a secure VPN link to manage my own client base.

I actually am employed by BT   but use your services  and have done for  nearly 20years , so clearly a very loyal client  .

The standards Virgin  now employ with offshoring work and scripts and procedures and unable to escalate in India back to a UK manager on any issues are  absolutely appalling  - I will  being   making representations to Ofcom re non contact  after loss of service .

The old days  before offshoring  as I am based in West Drayton , called an engineer in Langley ,if I had an issue ( which was so rare )   ,  discussed calmly , based on discussion  and diagnosis of real problem  was out that day to fix , even if on way home! , not script following  by a non techie  who has never seen the equipment in use, let alone understand basic networking  and types of errors ,  that do not follow the  script  and also frustrated by the  minimum 7 day waiting period  to investigate  by site visit which wasn't needed.

The amount of time wasted on a 5 second replug  was equivalent to probably   a man day  , + all my travelling time  back and forward to Kent during the outage

I look forward to a reply  or someone to make the effort to contact me and  not  for me to have to wait for hours on a queuing system only to  be told it is not my problem and you have to go somewhere else and queue again .  

'All of our agents are currently busy. Please try again later'  even on the IM service!!

Kind regards

Mike Goodall

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi Mike,

Thanks for such a detailed reply Smiley Happy

I'm really disappointed to hear about your recent experience, it certainly sounds frustrating, that's not the way we like to work around here.

I've noted your comments and I'll ensure your thoughts are feedback.

Please remember that we're always around and happy to help here on the community.

Thanks again for your patience,

Take care.

Heather_J

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos