Menu
mt7130
Joining in
Message 61 of 140
Flag for a moderator

Re: superhub keeps losing internet connection ??

I have the first superhub which keeps dropping off, I am only getting 20Mbs supposed to be on 200mbs. Have called Virgin with not much response, do I have to keep calling them to get anywhere, which is terrible customer service.
Everything in the house is working well, so an engineer to come out to see what is going on is the only way forward, help.
0 Kudos
Loubylou49
Just joined
Message 62 of 140
Flag for a moderator

Hi We are having the same problem. I reckon the broadband is dropping out a couple of times an hour.It is a real problem. We have recently changed TV and the hub is right next to it. I am not very technically minded so what can we do about it. Thank you

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) Adam_L
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 63 of 140
Flag for a moderator

Hi Loubylou49,

Thanks for letting us know that your connection is also dropping, I apologise for any inconvenience caused.

I have tested the connection from here and everything looks great! No errors or time outs inside the Hubs logs and all of your power levels are within the preferred ranges.

Are you still having these issues? If so, how are you connected, wired or wireless?

Also, what lights appear on the Hub when the connection drops?

I look forward to your response, 

Thanks, 

Adam.

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
NBTSAFCOK
Joining in
Message 64 of 140
Flag for a moderator

I have been having this issue since upgrading to Superhub 2. I have to reset/turn on/off my router 3 or 4 times a day and download can go from as low as 3-4 up to 30 mbps.

I have a Mac which uses TP LINK and the best signal swaps between 2G & 5G but the problem occurs throughout the house.

Please advise urgently.

Thanks

Nick Thompson

Leicester

0 Kudos
nick-booth
Joining in
Message 65 of 140
Flag for a moderator

our hub has always been troubled, the old surfboard held better service. i know what a better service is as i used to live in Telford and had great connection on lesser bandwidthservice. in Gillingham kent the service has never been as good.

i have had engineers out several times and they change the plugs or the arester in the socket. they have adjusted the levels put an atenuator into the line to ballence the level between the super hub and tivo box.

speeds are unreliable and tests show speradic service, but never seem to be provable while customer swervice are watching. during online games packets drop out and they get dropped from the game causing bans and low priority when they reconect to the game. 

recently the 2g serice drops out or fails shortly followed by the 5g. resetting the router will elieviate this for a while. however in this last week resetting the router has been needed daily and it has requiered two in the past 12 hours

speaking to customer swervice gives the same initial responce, you havent reset your router in so many days, (even though it has, but lets be fair it shouldnt need it). you have multiple devices conected, that will slow your conection down, (a NAS and our mobile phones always show as conected but are not accessing data at the time), infact any active equipment will show if it holds an ip address but that doesnt mean its in use.

we are getting fed up with the service provided, there is no point in paying for a higher service when this one cant be stable at a lower speed. upping it as a good will only gives us what we should have had originaly. ( that only lasts till you boost the servive free of charge then increase the monthly charge anyway).

we are frustrated with this problem. can you please look into it as i have seen you do on here for other customers.

kind regards Nick

0 Kudos
John451
Joining in
Message 66 of 140
Flag for a moderator

Hi Adam. I have a superhub 2ac but the internet keeps dropping every few minutes. How can I send you my hub log so you can check it?

Best
John
0 Kudos
Thomas3
Joining in
Message 67 of 140
Flag for a moderator

I've just come across this forum, thank goodness as I thought I might be going round the twist. In the last month or so I've been having the same problem. Had Virgin techies take over my computer twice in the last week, they claimed there was nothing wrong, back to Virgin for a long time on my non-virgin phone (costs), now say they're sending me a new Superhub. It's not good enough. I've lost at least 2 whole  days of my precious time trying to sort this, even failed to bid on a car on ebay as I was about to make a final seconds bid when my connection dropped out, lost the car. I am not convinced that the problem is not at Virgin's end, although they claim not and that they don't restrict traffic. A few of my neighbours are on Virgin, some with max speeds (I'm on 70mb/s) and I have a feeling Virgin are not coming clean on this matter. I'll see what happens when I get a new router (I'm having to wait days for that!). If it's not sorted out soon then I'm over to BT or Plusnet - they claim they can give me 40mb/s as they've got fibre cable to our estate, and will have to pursue a claim against Virgin.

0 Kudos
dhalse001
Joining in
Message 68 of 140
Flag for a moderator

Dear Virgin.

We moved here and brought you with us in April 2016.  In November the issues started - dropping connections on certain devices and not other.

The ONLY solution you could find, was to create a new SSID.  Seemed to work (but what we would call a pita.  Every device, every friend, every visitor, all old credentials no longer worked).  I WONT accept that as a solution again.

Seemed to work, from late November until now.  Boom.  Back to the same problem.  Dropping some devices but not others.

My hub 3.0 might be to blame.

Can I try a 2ac please.  Please send it to me, without hassle, please.  No I don't want another 3.0.  I'm convinced (from reading these forums) that they're just faulty.

Thanks,

Dave.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 69 of 140
Flag for a moderator

Hey Dave,

Thanks for getting in touch, welcome to the community Smiley Very Happy

Sorry to hear about the problems with your connection. We will need to run diagnostics before we can look into changing equipment. How does your hard-wired connection perform? Have you tried changing your wireless channel yet? Often this will help if you're being affected by wireless interference.

Hope to hear back from us soon,

Take care.

Heather_J

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
potter1
Just joined
Message 70 of 140
Flag for a moderator

Had a superhub 2, no wifi, ethernet ok, changes for superhub 3, exactly the same problem.

I have a cabled extender router, different name and password, and the wifi from this router works fine.

Virgin have suggested all the resets, done, change channel, done.

Virgin, any more suggestions? From reading these posts I am not alone.

0 Kudos