Menu
DavidJWalker
Rising star
Message 51 of 140
Flag for a moderator

Re: superhub keeps losing internet connection ??

some reason i think its bad patch of hub 3's mine is working fine and working right in router mode 

Using VIVID 350 Optical Fibre, Player TV, Talk Weekends

Just another VM user trying to help out so my answers may be wrong.
If you do like my answer please mark it as helpful; it may help others
0 Kudos
Hursty57
Tuning in
Message 52 of 140
Flag for a moderator

Possibly but the Virgin call centre said they are snowed under with the same problem but it seems to be in certain areas of the country where they are having huge changes in numbers of people joining the network which causes changes in signal strength causing the hub to lose connection and struggle to reconnect?
DavidJWalker
Rising star
Message 53 of 140
Flag for a moderator

so it can be a area problem with hub 3 which is odd when you use 2ac and it works fine

Using VIVID 350 Optical Fibre, Player TV, Talk Weekends

Just another VM user trying to help out so my answers may be wrong.
If you do like my answer please mark it as helpful; it may help others
0 Kudos
Hursty57
Tuning in
Message 54 of 140
Flag for a moderator

Obviously im not an engineer or technical in anyway but the call centre and engineer who attended my house again told me the hub 3 is a software driven system type of hub which does its own updates and the hub 2 is more old school with hardware that is programmed once and just works instead of always performing updates etc. Sounds very similar to my iphone which seems to update every week and causes more problems than it fixes. Stick with what works.
0 Kudos
frahar
Tuning in
Message 55 of 140
Flag for a moderator

Thank you for taking the time to post this. I'm at my wits end with it. Nobody at Virgin paying attention.

May I ask you how you went about getting them to send the 2aac ? because I have called them numerous times- Virgin engineer out twice--another new hub-- contact from ''tech'' guys twice. My own pc guy--twice.

I could weep sometimes especially when I am buying from internet--just at the moment of paying--drops out. My email is forever dropping off it's hard to get messages all at once.

You have given me renewed enthusiasm to have another go--but how!!!! Thanks again.      Fraha

0 Kudos
Weeflah
Joining in
Message 56 of 140
Flag for a moderator

Hi,

So I've been with Virginia for many years now. I moved into a new house 4 years ago and I put a lot of my wifi problems down to the fact the walls are thicker blah blah....

However a year agonising decided to put a wired router in a more accessible place. Without even realising it I'm now in the habit or rebooting the superhub every few days...success is when I don't have to do it for 4 days. As with a lot on this forum, I can still connect to the hub etc it's just that there is no connection. I'm now actively looking at other providers as I don't have time for the series of escalations etc to get anything done about it.

I don't think it's much to ask in thus day and age to get a stable connection.

Would welcome someone taking a look at logs etc but it's now the last throw of the dive for me.

Signed...another frustrated client.
0 Kudos
Hursty57
Tuning in
Message 57 of 140
Flag for a moderator

I had similar issues but they replaced my hub 1 with a hub 3 which was worse then 2 weeks ago they replaced this with a hub 2AC and it has been faultless for the last 2 weeks its amazing. Try requesting one of these hubs they have solved all my problems.
0 Kudos
komotion
Joining in
Message 58 of 140
Flag for a moderator

We're having regular connection drop-outs too. Even with a wired ethernet plugged in. It makes online gaming impossible, and it's just generally quite frustrating. I'd say the drop-outs happen regularly every 40 minutes or so. I've checked the network log and we have a fair few T3 time-outs. 

I'm not the owner of the account, I'm just a tenant. Our landlord is just fairly slow at sorting these things out. Any chance we could have a techie remotely look for issues?

I can provide more details via PM if required.

Many thanks, Paul

Forum Team (Retired) Adam_L
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 59 of 140
Flag for a moderator

Hi komotion, 

Thanks for getting in touch! 

I am sorry to learn of your issues with your connection dropping, I apologise for any inconvenience caused.

I have run some tests from here and everything looks great, no errors or time outs inside the Hubs logs and all of the power levels are within the preferred ranges.

Are you still having these issues? If so, please respond to me here with a recent copy of your Hubs logs for us too see and compare with the data we have here. You can find these by opening your internet browser and typing 192.168.0.1 into the address bar, before logging in, in the top right hand corner it will say 'Router Status' click there and all the information needed is inside.

Take care, 

Thanks, 

Adam.

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
frahar
Tuning in
Message 60 of 140
Flag for a moderator

Hi

I had problems the same as this constant dropping out. From August to mid November then at last immediately solved with a replacement at last of the 'old' 2a hub.I took the advice of one of the previous guys who had the problem too and did the same..

Then--PROBLEM SOLVED. But this was after over 3 months of frustration--dropping out--could only send an email after 2-3-4 attempts. Trying to buy on the internet was  a nightmare, when got to 'pay' dropped out, had to go round-and round--and round while at last got to finally pay. Had 2 tech guys here twice, was remotely connected to tech support 3 times. All insisting it was nothing to do with Virgin it was my PC that was the problem. My own local technician was here twice insisting nothing wrong with my PC and also he knew of others who had the same prob with the hub 3.

I had to constantly nag the Virgin support and eventually I think they were just sick of my calls, eventually gave in and sent the 2a. Importantly too I don't have problems downloading, it appears to be almost as fast.

The new Superhub 3 doesn't work in EVERY for household.  Good look.