Menu
canioking
Tuning in
Message 1 of 131
Flag for a moderator

superhub keeps losing internet connection ??

Hi,

I'm not good with computers but this internet issue is just getting worse for me. Few months back work was done in the area by Virgin to make this better for it's customers. For me it's started issues i never had. i can hardly ever remember having to restart my superhub but now i have to do it every day till i get connected but that will not mean i stay online. I get a mixture of faults from no Ethernet cable connected, another pc has my ip address ,dns server is not responding, etc. I've tried new Ethernet cables , tried plugging into different ports on superhub, done the turning off for a few minutes , unplugging all cables then re plugging in and starting with only small amounts of joy. Nothing has worked long term. It's not just my Ethernet connected pc that has the problem but my daughters laptop struggles to get online most nights, the family mobiles work a little better but not without issues. Also my ps4 struggles some nights to connect to the internet. Is there anything else i could try ? thank you for any replies of help.

cheers Neil 

0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 131
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: superhub keeps losing internet connection ??

Hi canioking, 

Thanks for getting back to me. I've double checked everything with one of my colleagues and we've noticed that you seem to be having a larger amount of power adjustments then we'd usually like to see. 

I'd like to get an engineer out to have this rectified for you. 

I'll send you a PM to have this arranged. 

Speak to you soon. 

Emma

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

All Replies
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 131
Flag for a moderator

Hi canioking, 

Thanks for getting in touch, it sounds like you've been having a frustrating time with things lately. 

I've had a look at your connection and everything is looking fine from this side. 

I know there were a few DNS issues in some areas at the beginning of the month but this has now been resolved. 

So we can get to the bottom of this we're going to need to run some tests. Please pop the hub into modem only mode and the computer into safe mode and retry the connection. 

Let us know how you get on. 

Thank you 

Emma

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
canioking
Tuning in
Message 3 of 131
Flag for a moderator

hi thanks for getting back to me, the issues are no better. I've tried what you asked first putting the superhub into modem mode then putting pc in safe mode. This did give me quick connection the internet and it did stay connected even after when the pc went into sleep mode which normally dosent. When i turned both back to original modes i didn't connect with internet without play around with it again.

i have noticed that the port lights don't always light up on the back of the superhub when i loose internet , does this mean anything ?? 

cheers Neil.

let me know what you would like me to try next.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 131
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hi canioking, 

Thanks for getting back to me. I've double checked everything with one of my colleagues and we've noticed that you seem to be having a larger amount of power adjustments then we'd usually like to see. 

I'd like to get an engineer out to have this rectified for you. 

I'll send you a PM to have this arranged. 

Speak to you soon. 

Emma

canioking
Tuning in
Message 5 of 131
Flag for a moderator

thanks Emma , for your help, engineer came out at the weekend. He changed all connections confirming they were good , tested the line in and then changing my superhub. This has made a great difference to my desktop pc which has sped up a great deal, wifi around the house is back to normal . So all this work has made it all worth while .

cheers Neil 

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 131
Flag for a moderator

Hi Neil, 

Thanks for getting back to me, I'm glad to see that the engineer has made a difference Smiley Happy

If you need any help in the future let us know and we'll always be more than happy to help out. 

All the best 

Emma

Naeemking
Tuning in
Message 7 of 131
Flag for a moderator

Hi,

I've also been having problems which is pretty much the same as this! I've had broadband install only a week ago and everything has been fine, getting speeds of 90MBPS+ without any problems throughout the day. However over the past 2 days the connection has been quite horrific to say, getting 2 MBPS or getting 'limited connection' on all my devices even though all the lights are on the router with no error being displayed. I have to reset the router everyday to get a few hours of decent connection then it goes back to normal. ANY help would be much appreciated
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 131
Flag for a moderator

Hi Naeemking

Welcome to the community

Sorry to hear that your having issues with your broadband connection.

When I checked your account, I can see that the downstream power levels are too low and the upstream power levels are too high. For this I would like to book an engineer to adjust these for you. I've sent you a PM (red envelope icon, left corner) with some details for you to confirm please. 

Hope to hear from you soon

Sam

0 Kudos
nottman
Joining in
Message 9 of 131
Flag for a moderator

Just stumbled across this thread and I wonder if anyone can help out with a signal problem I'm having with my own router. It's the original Superhub which I've had for a few years and every few minutes the wifi connection is lost, usually for a few seconds only, but for up to half-a-minute. This wasn't a problem when I was only using it with a laptop as I connected using a mains Homeplug network. However, I've now got an Ipad, which of course is wholly dependent on the unstable wifi signal. The router is upstairs and I'm downstairs, but in practical terms, only about 12 ft away. I've tried using a signal  booster but to no effect ...the dropout still occurs. The quality and speed, when it's working, is very good (I'm on 150 meg - which I trust the old router is capable of fully supporting). I discussed this with a very polite Indian lady a few weeks ago when I rang over another issue, but all she could do was mail me some links to the usual hints n' tips

0 Kudos
NicholasMorris
Just joined
Message 10 of 131
Flag for a moderator

I am having a similar problem. I have 2 computers on my home network and several phones and tablets. One laptop in particular is often losing its connection. Any ideas?

0 Kudos