Menu
sku11meister
Up to speed
Message 1 of 13
Flag for a moderator

router settings

hi, why has my superhub lost all my port forwarding rules? i had loads in there for games i play, and other stuff for other devices on my network?

all my other settings are still the same and not changed but for some reason all my port forwarding rules have been deleted?

is this an update or some thing? also why has my IP number changed?

0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 13
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: router settings

Hey sku11meister,

Thanks for posting Smiley Happy

Sorry to hear that your Superhub appears to have lost all your port forwarding rules, this is an unusual fault. With the IP addresses, had you previously reserved them in DHCP reservation? It sounds like your Superhub might have reset, but that doesn't explain why other settings have remained the same. We might need to replace your Superhub if this continues.

Please get back to us so we can continue to investigate.

Take care.

Heather_J

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 13
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hi there sku11meister,

Thanks for getting back to us.

With the Super Hub resetting itself, can you please try a factory reset of the router, restore the settings and see if it happens again. If it does we can send you a replacement router.

In regards to QOS, you can try a 3rd party router with the Super Hub in modem mode.

Speak soon

Sam

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos

All Replies
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 13
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hey sku11meister,

Thanks for posting Smiley Happy

Sorry to hear that your Superhub appears to have lost all your port forwarding rules, this is an unusual fault. With the IP addresses, had you previously reserved them in DHCP reservation? It sounds like your Superhub might have reset, but that doesn't explain why other settings have remained the same. We might need to replace your Superhub if this continues.

Please get back to us so we can continue to investigate.

Take care.

Heather_J

sku11meister
Up to speed
Message 3 of 13
Flag for a moderator

hi , thanks for the reply, yes my router has lost the settings twice now. i figured out how to save my router settings and have now backed it up. since i did this it hasnt lost it but im still not confident its going to hold/

it also lost my ip resivations which annoyed me. i have had to save them all over again.

also why dont we have any QOS settings in this router? i want to prioritise our camera in the babies room as it keeps dropping connection even though it has a 90% signal to the router, which is worrying!

0 Kudos
sku11meister
Up to speed
Message 4 of 13
Flag for a moderator

oh and yes i had reserved ip numbers in the router previously
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 13
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hi there sku11meister,

Thanks for getting back to us.

With the Super Hub resetting itself, can you please try a factory reset of the router, restore the settings and see if it happens again. If it does we can send you a replacement router.

In regards to QOS, you can try a 3rd party router with the Super Hub in modem mode.

Speak soon

Sam

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
sku11meister
Up to speed
Message 6 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Hi, i have factory reset this 3x in the last 2 months and i am having to reset the router maybe once a week, just because wireless devices stop responding, and my speeds have dropped to 75mbps when i should be getting 200mbps. i get that the network some times is stressed and my speeds will drop but my first reaction is to reset the hub by powering it down and leaving it for 60 seconds then starting it up again. This resolves the issues maybe for 24 hours if not longer, but on average the wireless starts playing up within hours of a restart.

i have changed my wireless channels by using an app to find an empty channel, and its still not resolved the issue.. only thing i can think of is the router is either faulty or just rubbish at wireless!

is it wirth changing the router?

0 Kudos
sku11meister
Up to speed
Message 7 of 13
Flag for a moderator

oh and it hasnt lost my ip table or reset and lost setting since last week

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Hello sku11meister,

Thanks for getting back in touch Smiley Happy

Sorry to hear your connection issues are still on-going. It's worth trying a replacement as you shouldn't have to be resetting so frequently to achieve a connection. Would you please drop me a PM confirming your delivery address.

Thanks again,

Take care.

Heather_J

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 9 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Hello sku11meister

Thanks for getting back, I have ordered you a new hub, please allow a few days for delivery and follow the instructions for activation. Fingers crossed it improves the wireless, please let us know how it goes in this thread.

Thank you

Nicola

Virgin Media Forum Team
0 Kudos
sku11meister
Up to speed
Message 10 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Hi Nicola, Thankyou.. i will let you know how it goes either way Smiley Happy

0 Kudos