Menu
ziggy100
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

router keeps turning off

Hi, For the past 2-3 weeks my super hub 2 router / modem has been having a lot of
issues.it keeps on dropping its connection and i have to unplug restart it ,it then comes straight back on this happens 4-6 times a day i have tried the reset button but still the same do i need a new router??

0 Kudos
kray
Joining in
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: router keeps turning off

there is a way to test it if ya have a mobile set it to test your connection on ya data off ya phone if ya log on to virgin media and look for problems. If this is not a option then just ring 150 when ya drop and make a note of some times thst it dropped before the call. GL m8
0 Kudos
richpsmith
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

I have been having this issue too. Router would turn off then back on again but will not connect at all. We have an engineer out on thursday but I think the router will need replacing.
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi ziggy100,

Welcome to the Community!

Really sorry to hear you're having trouble with your connection.

I've located your account and I can see an issue with speeds at peak times in your area (F003908291), although this would cause the drop outs you've described.

I've run a diagnostic on your equipment and I can see an issue with your Downstream Power levels that will need to be adjusted by a technician.

I've sent you a private message (purple envelope at the top right of your screen) so I can arrange an appointment.

Look forward to hearing from you! Smiley Very Happy

Josh

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos