Menu
Wizen
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

"Registration Failure" V3 Hub. No internet whatsoever.

I was having trouble with congestion at peak times, and I messaged a few forum mods about it, providing proof. I got a reply this morning stating that more channels might need to be added, and a review date was coming on April 5th for further potential work including potentially increasing capacity.

Today my V3 hub got bumped up to 24 downstream channels (not sure if a coincidence or not), and it appeared to completely fix my peak time latency. Downloading between 18:00-22:00 over the last two weeks has been crawling at sub-20Mbps. But all evening tonight I was getting a rock-solid 221Mbps download. I was ecstatic.

Fast forward a few hours, and it's now 1am and I've been without internet for the best part of an hour (and I'm supposed to be working from home). The hub shows a "Registration Failure". I've reset, but nothing has changed. The wifi light is lit green but the arrows beneath are flashing. I knew this day without massive congestion issues was too good to be true! 

Any ideas? The Virgin cab is right outside my house, so I know there's no work being done on it. I've also checked the service status page, and there is nothing of note for my area. I'm using phone tethering at the moment, and I only have 30mb of data left. Any advice would be much appreciated.

0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
Wizen
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: "Registration Failure" V3 Hub. No internet whatsoever.

Nevermind. I'm back online as of 01:36. Only 90 minutes downtime. Please delete this thread mods.

0 Kudos

All Replies
Wizen
On our wavelength
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Just got a little more info from the hub. It keeps switching between the following:

Requesting CM IP Address

Registration Failure

Standard specification compliant : DOCSIS 3.0
Hardware version : 10
Software version : 9.1.116V
Cable MAC address : xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Cable modem serial number : xxxxxxxxxxxxx
System up time : 0 days 0h:20m:38s
Network access : Blocked
WAN IP settings
Your current Hub 3.0 internet settings are displayed below:
MAC address : xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
IPv4 address : Not Available
Default gateway : 0.0.0.0
IPv4 lease time : 0 days 0h:0m:0s
IPv4 lease expire : 0-00-00 00:00:00.00
IPv4 DNS servers : null

Not sure whether the "Blocked" status on "Network Access" in the info tab is worth noting.
0 Kudos
Wizen
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Nevermind. I'm back online as of 01:36. Only 90 minutes downtime. Please delete this thread mods.

0 Kudos