Menu
patrickdover
Joining in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

pin settings

I have just had a new Tivo box installed.    When the old box was installed (some 5/6 years ago) the engineer showed me how to dispense with ever using my pin.    I have forgotton how to do this.   Can anyone help me?

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: pin settings

Go to Help & Settings > Parental Controls > Require a PIN to Watch Recordings and set it to off.

You'll still need the PIN for any recordings from Sky Cinema channels depending on the time of day.
I work for Virgin Media - but all opinions posted here are my own
0 Kudos
patrickdover
Joining in
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Thank you, I will try this.   Patrick

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

If you also want to minimise your PIN for On Demand, then also turn off Purchase Controls, and you won't be asked for a PIN to watch paid On Demand content.
I work for Virgin Media - but all opinions posted here are my own
0 Kudos
patrickdover
Joining in
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Thank you for the infomation.   I tried your 1st suggestion and it works to a degree, but I still get asked for my pin when some programmes are shown.   The engineer who installed my last box (some years age) made an alteration so that I was never asked for my pin, no matter which programme I watched.

Patrick

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

The only programmes that will ask for a PIN irrespective of the box settings are Sky Movies & any recordings thereof. This is the result of an OFCOM ruling & disabling this would result in Virgin being fined or even losing its operating licence.

su1718.jpgCable customer since 1993. Services: FH TV, Sky Sports & Movies (2xV6), Talk Anytime Phone, VIVID 350, Virgin PAYG Mobile

0 Kudos
patrickdover
Joining in
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Thank you for that.   Patrick

0 Kudos