Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 6 (100 Views)

old ntl screw in socket but push in isolater cable ?

My new virgin media stuff arrived today. I chose the self set up package because the previous occupant of my rented house had been with virgin and i assumed the set up would be straight forward....wrong :-( 

Im assuming the problem getting connected is because the wall socket is a screw in NTL socket, and the isolator cable is a push in ??

Any thoughts on how i get around this ?current equipmentcurrent equipmentunderneath viewunderneath viewcover which i just unscrewed from underneathcover which i just unscrewed from underneath

0 Kudos

Accepted Solutions
Up to speed
Message 5 of 6 (95 Views)
Helpful Answer
confirmed by Jen_A (Forum Team)
a week ago

Re: old ntl screw in socket but push in isolater cable ?

[ Edited ]

joylikes2shop wrote:

My new virgin media stuff arrived today. I chose the self set up package because the previous occupant of my rented house had been with virgin and i assumed the set up would be straight forward....wrong :-( 

Im assuming the problem getting connected is because the wall socket is a screw in NTL socket, and the isolator cable is a push in ??

Any thoughts on how i get around this ?

No drama, just use the push on fittings

Follow the video instructions, but instead of screwing on you push on

Of course leave the cover off that you took off from underneath or you will not be able to push the fitting on.

Make sure you push them on firmly

******************************************************************************************************************************
All the voices in my head are my own voices - Find your own!

If I have helped you then please click on the "thumbs up" icon.

If you feel I have helped to solve your problem then please mark my message as a "Helpful Answer"

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

All Replies
Superuser
Message 2 of 6 (92 Views)

Push in vable is for V6- should have a push one end and a screw connector the other. You should have a cable with screw connectors both ends, which connects from the wall socket in your picture to HUB, or splitter if you have V6 too.

0 Kudos
Joining in
Message 3 of 6 (89 Views)

yes..i saw this video earlier, but all the leads shown are screw in, however all the leads in the set up box i received today are push in :-(
0 Kudos
Superuser
Message 4 of 6 (84 Views)

In that case you have the wrong leads..

Easiest option is 150, or wait for staff to pick it up on here (could be a while)

Or *ahem* maybe a large website could next day you some out for a couple of quid if your a member...save you waiting...but I didn't tell you that.

Webro are decent cables...

Up to speed
Message 5 of 6 (96 Views)
Helpful Answer
confirmed by Jen_A (Forum Team)
a week ago

[ Edited ]

joylikes2shop wrote:

Any thoughts on how i get around this ?

No drama, just use the push on fittings

Follow the video instructions, but instead of screwing on you push on

Of course leave the cover off that you took off from underneath or you will not be able to push the fitting on.

Make sure you push them on firmly

******************************************************************************************************************************
All the voices in my head are my own voices - Find your own!

If I have helped you then please click on the "thumbs up" icon.

If you feel I have helped to solve your problem then please mark my message as a "Helpful Answer"

Superuser
Message 6 of 6 (66 Views)

Have to say didn't even know there were push fitting for F connectors, KUDOS to you keithW

0 Kudos