Menu
padeath
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

no internet in area 22

Hello,

Yesterday at around 10:30am our internet went off. I checked the modem and it was showing the following:

Cable Modem Status Item Status Comments

Acquired Downstream Channel (Hz)202750000Locked
Ranged Upstream Channel (Hz)0Success
Provisioning StateIn ProgressPhy Synchronized

I checked the service status page and there was an issues posted which should be fixed by 16:20 it said.  I waiting until this status had been removed from the status page, but my internet still wasn't back on.  So I called 150 and spoke to someone who asked be to unplug the coax cable from the modem and plug it back in again, which I did, but still nothing.  The lights on the modem are the power light, green arrow light is flashing fast and the blue tick is flashing slowly.

The lady on the phone said she would arrange an engineer to come to check things out and maybe replace my modem as it sounds like its faulty, she arranged this for today (Friday 11th) which is fine.

Then about an hour later I got an automated phone call from Virgin saying that the issue was on their network and they have cancelled the engineer, and thats when I noticed that the service status post was back and that it should be fixed by 00:35 the next day.

Then at around 8pm I got a text on my phone saying the issue had been fixed, I checked the service status page again and yep the issue had been removed, but my internet still wasn't back.

I waited an hour or so and still nothing, so I called 150 again and got through to a guy who said that he spoke to the network team and that they said there was still an on going issue which will be fixed by around midnight, but he will arrange an engineer anyway just incase it doesn't come back on after midnight, which is for NEXT THURSDAY! (17th November!).

So now this morning, still no internet connection and now I need to wait a week to get an engineer?  And have no internet until then!

Is a week the normal kinda time people are waiting?  With no internet, thats not on!

Should I call them again as this is a bit of a joke having to wait a week!

0 Kudos
padeath
On our wavelength
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: no internet in area 22

And as if by magic Smiley Happy its working now! So my modem isn't faulty, there must have been something wrong on their network somewhere.

0 Kudos
padeath
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Well its just gone off again Smiley Sad but at least I know that my modem does actually still work and its something outside of my property.  That must be a good thing right? Smiley Wink

Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hello padeath,

Thanks for posting and I'm sorry to hear you've been experiencing an intermittent connection.

I would like to take a look into this for you but I will need to gain access to your account so if you click on the purple envelope at the top right of your screen you will see a message waiting for you requesting further details.

Speak to you soon

Rose
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos