Menu
Stue
Joining in
Message 1 of 8
Flag for a moderator

lost broadband connection

Hi,

can anyone tell me please why I am having so many problems with my broadband? Practically every night (even at midnight) it can take three or four attempts to connect to the internet and even then the connection can be lost while playing games. Last Friday I couldn't connect to the internet for at least 24 hours and last night at around 01.00 I lost the connection and couldn't re-connect.

I have a super hub 2, could that be problem or is it just bad service from virgin media?

thanks

Stuart

0 Kudos
Geoffers007
On our wavelength
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Re: lost broadband connection

I'm having similar problems (Bristol BS10 area), though mine appear to be sudden outages. Usually in the mornings -- twice already today -- but also lost it around 1 last night/morning and it didn't come back for at least a couple of hours.

Service status shows no problems, however. Smiley Sad

Just gone again!!

0 Kudos
Stue
Joining in
Message 3 of 8
Flag for a moderator

I'm in the teesside area TS12 and like you I quite often lose the connection in the morning as well but it's not just me, my parents live 5 miles away and have similar problems.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hiya Stue,

Thanks for taking the time to post on the community.

My apologies you are having an issue with the broadband connection.

When I checked your line, the router was showing as offline and not polling any data. Is the router turned off as not in use?

If you can let me know when you are back online, I can take another look into this.

Speak soon

Sam

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
Stue
Joining in
Message 5 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi Sam.

Thanks for getting in touch

My router was switched off but I'll leave switched on for you check for me.

Thanks

Stuart

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Morning Stuart,

I appreciate you getting back to me.

The router is now showing as online, so thank you for that. You mentioned about Friday 8th September where you couldn't connect, this was due to a fault in your area that has now been closed. However, the line is showing as fine with no errors, power levels are within range and no time-outs reported since the router has been online.

When you notice the broadband is not working, do any lights change on the router at all? Does this happen on both wired and wireless devices?

Hope to hear from you soon

Sam

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
Stue
Joining in
Message 7 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi Sam.

When I lose the internet connection my wireless devices are showing that they are still connected to the router but there is no access to the internet.

I have a computer which is wired to the router and it cannot access the internet either.

When I lose the connection the up/down arrow turns green and starts flashing and the tick light starts flashing.

I've lost the internet connection at least twice this morning for a short period of time, the second time was at 11.13.

regards

Stuart

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi Stuart,

Thanks for the additional information.

As I am unable to find any issues on the network/line that would cause these disconnections, I think it is best if we arrange an engineer visit to check this over. I've sent you a PM (purple envelope icon, right corner) with some details for you to confirm please.

Speak soon

Sam