Menu
RALFE
Tuning in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

loss of connection / email sign-in

I've tried using a Windows laptop, a Chromebook and a trio of Android alternatives. I've tried both Wifi and hard wired. But hey, my broadband still frequently drops off and back on again. I've tried various times with different speed test programmes, which all confirm the erratic connection, but VirginMedia 'Cannot find a fault from our end.'  Brushing aside an intermittent fault does not mean it doesn't exist and that I should just carry on paying for it!  It doesn't work!

Why is it I constantly need to go through the loop anywhere between two and six times to access my emails?  Email address/ Password/ Captcha over and over again then back to the home screen. When I eventually do get signed in and try to switch between folders a little box briefly pops up at the bottom of the screen saying 'server unavailable' and then all freezes. Could this be related to the intermittent broadband cut off previously mentioned?  What is the ******* problem? I've had enough of these problems and had enough of the holier-than-thou attitude by certain VirginMedia employees - it does not work properly.   Thank goodness my contract finishes in 3 months time!

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: loss of connection / email sign-in

hiya @RALFE would best to do a check on the signal levels if you could goto http://192.168.0.1 clicking router status top right [no need to login] and if could copy/paste the downstream, upstream, network log here don't worry about the formatting we can easily read it.

as for the email, if you have a gmail, yahoo, outlook email i would be using that to pickup your virginmedia email, or better still if you dont have a gmail email account create 1 and advise people to use your gmail account, works a lot better than virginmedias
----------------------------------------------------------
If someone's helped you out say thanks by clicking on the thumbs up. If someone's solved your problem, why not mark their message as an Accepted Solution
Superuser
Superuser
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

please dont mail it to me, if you can copy/post it here.
----------------------------------------------------------
If someone's helped you out say thanks by clicking on the thumbs up. If someone's solved your problem, why not mark their message as an Accepted Solution
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi RALFE,

I've been checking on your connection and overall it looks to be in good shape, certainly from a network perspective, the one thing of note is that your Hubs upstream power levels are running a little hot which may be a factor. I think the best bet is we arrange for an engineer to call and check and adjust the power levels and go from there.

I'll drop you a PM so we can get this booked in.

Cheers

Ralph_R
Forum Moderator

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

RALFE
Tuning in
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Engineer came, tried a hub3 that wouldn't even connect, replaced some cable, reconnected the old hub and then disappeared. He said he would call back later, time permitting, or phone if he couldn't make it. That was three days ago and I've not heard a peep, even though Virgin know my address, email address and phone number. Nor has there been any improvement. Why am I actually paying for this (faulty) service?

0 Kudos