Menu
ereeve0690
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

just signed up and have to wait 6-8 weeks

Hey guys,

So signed up for VM half way through July and a few days later, was told I would have to wait 6-8 weeks for some construction work to be done to get us connected. This is fine by me, a pain but fine.

Since then I've heard nothing, no dates, nothing showing on my account online, no updates or anything. I've tried ringing VM as I've heard quite a lot of people saying VM have kept them waiting for months so I'd rather not be put in that position.

Is there any way you are able to check on the progress of your connection? I don't want to be left waiting and waiting for nothing to happen!

Thanks
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: just signed up and have to wait 6-8 weeks

Hi ereeve0690,

Welcome to the Forums and thanks for your post. I can only apologise that you've had a less than perfect journey since joining so far. Smiley Sad 

It's not very often this happens however when it does happen, we try and get things moving as quickly as we can. 

Even though progress may seem slow to you, at this end there would have been multiple plans put in place. Checking the account we've already created a plan for costs and submitted this. It has been approved, so now we just need to get the relevant permits from local councils. These usually take a few weeks to get and if these fail, we need to go back to the drawing board and try again. 

I understand it's frustrating not hearing anything however we're not able to give an exact time frame. As soon as permits are accepted we'll have a better idea.

For now we need to stick with the 6-8 week mark. For an update on this after this period has passed, feel free to come back to us or speak to the team on 150 / 0345 454 1111. 

Apologies again,

Kath_F
Forum Team

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

Costin
Joining in
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: just signed up and have to wait 6-8 weeks

I got same problem in Chorley when tried to move my contract from Blackburn to here...they told me 6-8 weeks and iff I want to disconnect becauae my job depends on broadband they asked me to pay £76 for early disconnecting...so I need to pay to be dosconnectec from some services that I don't use...
It's been 3 weeks now no sign of street work or anything like that...I even think that I wont be connected not even by the end of January because they just refurbished the pedestriand walk in front of my house so they won't get that permision...
0 Kudos